ECX AMP Buggy review

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
ECX-AMP-Desert-Buggy-Review-1-770x499.jpg

So the guys over at Big Squid just posted a review of the ECX AMP Desert Buggy and putting aside the extra sloop from the cheap bearings and a weak battery the ECX Amp buggy actually performed very well in their review. In fact the ECX Buggy scored a B overall rating.

Not bad considering the battery can be easily and quickly upgraded with a LiPo battery and I'm sure FastEddyBearings or Boca Bearings will have a kit of the ECX AMP RC's soon enough if they don't already.

Take a look at the review here.

I'm beginning to think big squid's reviewers are all teenagers. Or at the very least have the vocabulary knowledge and mindset of them. If a drinking game was made of that review, and you took a shot every time they say "noob", people would be drunk in a couple paragraphs.

I put Fast Eddy bearings in my Amp MT and mentioned it here and some guys say they leave the stock ECX bearings in and drive forever on them without failures!!

The stock bearings are fine for dry use. When running in wet conditions, the lack of shielding means they can seize from rust or dirt.

I've ruined several by salt water beach running without proper care afterwards.

Yep, I live on the beach and NEVER have run any of my cars there. I cringe when I see an RC car or a bicycle running on the beach--both have too many important tiny places to get sand and salt--It'll kill bike chains, RC bearings & etc = Beware of der Beach = Be ye so warned!!

But the beach is such an awesome bashing ground :D can dig a decent track with lanes and some jumps in 20 minutes

I'm beginning to think big squid's reviewers are all teenagers. Or at the very least have the vocabulary knowledge and mindset of them. If a drinking game was made of that review, and you took a shot every time they say "noob", people would be drunk in a couple paragraphs.

I wish I was still a teenager...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back