ECX AMP MT - New tires/wheels

Anytime and thanks. I'm always trying to make these RC better in many ways even if it means me making the parts in my shop.

Attachments

• 20200524_171851.jpg
    20200524_171851.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200524_171724.jpg
    20200524_171724.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 14
Set your slipper properly. If you broke the metal gears that quickly your slipper is way too tight. Your gear mesh may also be too tight. That and you need to learn to drive more carefully. If you do things like jump it and land with wide open throttle you will tear it up no matter what.

My Amp MT is running 3S, 3,300 kv brushless, huge tires and a 23t pinion. Stock plastic spur and metal gear set with no problem.

I am looking to upgrade my Amp MT stock rc truck, can I get some sugestions on what to do I am in maine and there is only one hobby shop here. Need help...

Hello everyone I am new here and I have a stock amp mt what can I put in it without destroying it.. Please help.

I am looking to upgrade my Amp MT stock rc truck, can I get some suggestions on what to do I am in maine and there is only one hobby shop here. Need help...

Hello, hello and welcome to the forum. I'm an Amp guy, although I do have many brands. The Amp Mt is a fun truck to upgrade. There's many things you can do to it if you use your ingenuity. It's a novice truck but can be made into whatever you want. So I'm assuming you are a novices and have a stock Amp. If your looking to keep the expense down I would start with some bigger tires. That will give you a little more speed and be able to do some wheelies if your into that. With bigger tires your brushed motor will run a little hotter, so keep tabs on the motor. You can also go with a 2 cell Lipo battery, maybe 3000 mAh to keep the cost down. That will give more speed and longer run time. You mentioned you only have one hobby shop in town so they should be able to help you with minor upgrades. If your new to the hobby I would first learn how to drive and controll the truck and see if this is what you really want to spend your money on. It's a great hobby and relativity cheap for parts compared to other hobbies. There is are many other inexpensive upgrades you can do and a lot of help here on the forum. Many experience RC hobbyist here at all different ages. Below are some of the modifications that I have made on some of my RC's. Some of my mods I make myself.
Happy RC'ing.

Attachments

• 20210217_185812.jpg
    20210217_185812.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210205_181713.jpg
    20210205_181713.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210205_181857.jpg
    20210205_181857.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210226_164801.jpg
    20210226_164801.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210215_200238.jpg
    20210215_200238.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210205_181746.jpg
    20210205_181746.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201125_183112.jpg
    20201125_183112.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201123_193522.jpg
    20201123_193522.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210226_164558.jpg
    20210226_164558.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 16
16 pinion 48 spur. All Hot Racing harden steel. I'm a journeyman machinist (retired) and you never want to run harden steel with mild steel. Eventually the harden steel will eat the mild. When buying harden gears, it must say harden or hard steel. If it's labeled steel, it's mild steel, which is ok to run both mild steel gears together.
Are those led lights on your front bumper?

I want details!
Yes, we do a lot of night running.

Thank you but I am four years into it thought that it was time to upgrade the truck I know there are quite a few things that I can do to that truck I am 14 and have been driving rc trucks sense I was ten I had a nitro powered truck before with my father but we both sold ours for electric and honestly i had a truck before the amp but I didn't know it didn't come with a battery. I have given this truck to my little sister because I figured it would be a great beginner car for her... I just picked up the Arrma Senton 4x4 and my dad picked up the Traxxas Slash lipo 4x4. Thank you for the information I will do a little bit of that for that truck if my sister wants it to go faster will keep you guys posted on what I will be doing with my new truck...

Hello, hello and welcome to the forum. I'm an Amp guy, although I do have many brands. The Amp Mt is a fun truck to upgrade. There's many things you can do to it if you use your ingenuity. It's a novice truck but can be made into whatever you want. So I'm assuming you are a novices and have a stock Amp. If your looking to keep the expense down I would start with some bigger tires. That will give you a little more speed and be able to do some wheelies if your into that. With bigger tires your brushed motor will run a little hotter, so keep tabs on the motor. You can also go with a 2 cell Lipo battery, maybe 3000 mAh to keep the cost down. That will give more speed and longer run time. You mentioned you only have one hobby shop in town so they should be able to help you with minor upgrades. If your new to the hobby I would first learn how to drive and controll the truck and see if this is what you really want to spend your money on. It's a great hobby and relativity cheap for parts compared to other hobbies. There is are many other inexpensive upgrades you can do and a lot of help here on the forum. Many experience RC hobbyist here at all different ages. Below are some of the modifications that I have made on some of my RC's. Some of my mods I make myself.
Happy RC'ing.
Can I put any under lights on my trucks? No matter what brand they are?

hello, i don't know what you mean by, "put any under lights. I don't know how tech savvy or mechanical you are, but for a start, for you, i would go to the bike shop and purchase a couple of LED bike lights. They come with a rubber strap that can be attached to the bumpers of the RC and are vary bright. They also come with a USB cable to charge them when needed. That's the easiest way to get lights on your RC.
The other way is to install super bright LED's into or on the bumpers. you would have to use 100 ohm resistors to reduce the current/voltage other wise they will burn out ASAP. LED's run on 3 to 4 volts and if you use a 7.4 volt drone LiPo it will be toast without the 100 ohm resistor. Now you could use a 3.4 LiPo battery to power them and that would be fine, but you still have buy the wire, solder, soldering iron, LED mounts, micro switch and there nothing wrong with that if you don't mind doing the work to setup the lighting You can buy an LED light setup for RC's at your local hobby shop and you wont have to worry about all that other electronic stuff. However, you will have to route wires and make them neat and out of harms way. All depends what you want to do. Buying the light kit you would just hook up to you receiver. The receiver puts out 5 volts but the light kit is wired to reduce the current/voltage. Sorry for the long reply just have fun and do what you think is best for you. Use your imagination do what you want but think things out first and then proceed. There will be time when its, "back to the drawing board".

Yes that should work fine under the chassis. You could even connect the strip to the receiver as it only takes5 volts to run them. You would have to change to JR servo connectors through in order to plug into the receiver. You can also use a separate battery and switch to power the lights or, you can put a micro switch in line if plugged into the receiver. That way you can turn them off during the day and on at night. Keep up the ingenuity, it will pay off.

If anybody is looking for a charger I would recommend the dynamite prophet sport mini charges your batteries fast and it can charge lipo or Nimh. It is $25.00 and reliable would recommend to my friends who need a charger.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back