ECX AMP to Ruckus conversion?

P0SEID0N2025

Hello i am thinking of converting my brushless ECX AMP into a Ruckus, i know that the shock towers are interchangeable i think, but what else would i need besides the chassis to convert my AMP?

I'm also wondering how it would affect the handling if i put a 2nd set of rear shocks and put them in the front and back, it would probably ruin the handling of the truck but I'm curious.

Do you mean you want to put a Ruckus body on your Amp?

For extra shocks are you wanting to add them for looks? If you put lighter springs and lighter oil in the shocks it should work fine as long as you can get the angles right. The big question is how do you want to change the handling and suspension? Do you want longer travel and more damping for jumps? Higher ground clearance? Better handling on smooth surfaces?

Do you mean you want to put a Ruckus body on your Amp?

For extra shocks are you wanting to add them for looks? If you put lighter springs and lighter oil in the shocks it should work fine as long as you can get the angles right. The big question is how do you want to change the handling and suspension? Do you want longer travel and more damping for jumps? Higher ground clearance? Better handling on smooth surfaces?
I want better ground clearance, I'm probably not gonna change the chassis, but I'm wanting more ground clearance.

I also know the bumper will stop the arms from going down further due it hitting the hinge point. I can get a new bumper that will solve that though.

The easiest way to get more ground clearance is bigger wheels and tires. The will change your effective gear ratio as well. I haven’t looked at options for doing so but bigger circumference tired = more ride height and clearance.

Have you moved to the shock mount points that give you the most clearance already? Depending on the limits of the suspension you may be able to find longer shocks that will raise your ride height up.

Here is something to try to see how it works. Slide the spring down the shock body and put a fairly wide zip tie around the shock body. Not too tight, don’t crush the shock body, just enough so the zip tie will keep the spring down. It will effectively raise you up a bit without costing you anything to try. Check it out.

I’m afraid I don’t have one and can’t measure. I noticed the Brutus on the ECX site and thought they might work for you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back