ECX AMP UPGRADES

Well found the pic of it. Just no gear shot. And my notes. 81spur/23 pinion. Tires were trenchers at first and 108mm from nitro rc. Premade trenchers ballooned too much. But was great on grass and sand. If you buy the ones you needed to glue you can fix the ballooning problem. And then they ran decent on asphalt too. Both tires allowed decent on/off road traction. Just the nitro rcx tires are cheaper lol

what kind of electrics did you have in it?

what kind of electrics did you have in it?
Goolrc 3900kv with 60 amp goolrc Esc. Brakes was 30% everything else set normal. Flysky 3 channel tx/rx. Hexfly (RED) servo in that rig at the time. Batts...ran everything from flureon to genes ace. Hard and soft packs. No issues with any of them . nothing lower than 25c rate. 2s was fun. 3s was stupid fun. But normally ran 2s with that set up.

Goolrc 3900kv with 60 amp goolrc Esc. Brakes was 30% everything else set normal. Flysky 3 channel tx/rx. Hexfly (RED) servo in that rig at the time. Batts...ran everything from flureon to genes ace. Hard and soft packs. No issues with any of them . nothing lower than 25c rate. 2s was fun. 3s was stupid fun. But normally ran 2s with that set up.

sounds fun, if you were me, would you return the Amp mt I’m getting tomorrow and exchange it for the circuit LiPo rtr ? Or just stay with the amp mt?

sounds fun, if you were me, would you return the Amp mt I’m getting tomorrow and exchange it for the circuit LiPo rtr ? Or just stay with the amp mt?
Uh-huh lol. I I would exchange it only if you have plans to do more short coarse style bashing. The circuits are fun too. And alot of parts are compatible amongst the 2wd ecx vehicles. 4wd I cannot vouchers for. I think their 2wds are incredible for adaptibility and fun factor. My 8 year can drive my 60+ mph amps and i have no worries about fixing it. But they are pretty tough. Most will tell you. But hes also a good driver and cant stop smiling when running them too like me. While money is a deciding factor. Why not both. Get your amp now. Test waters. If you really enjoy it..get a circuit later. Have two running pairs? That would be fun.

Uh-huh lol. I I would exchange it only if you have plans to do more short coarse style bashing. The circuits are fun too. And alot of parts are compatible amongst the 2wd ecx vehicles. 4wd I cannot vouchers for. I think their 2wds are incredible for adaptibility and fun factor. My 8 year can drive my 60+ mph amps and i have no worries about fixing it. But they are pretty tough. Most will tell you. But hes also a good driver and cant stop smiling when running them too like me. While money is a deciding factor. Why not both. Get your amp now. Test waters. If you really enjoy it..get a circuit later. Have two running pairs? That would be fun.
Welp, it seems return isn’t an option now so I’ll just have to stick with the amp mt and get circuit later if I want like you said.

Built the Mt! Messed the paint up though. I went with candy purple base then black on top of it to darken the purple but instead, it created a brownish color I’ve never seen before lol

Attachments

• 4084C24B-5791-4C05-8470-E1EFE0F7D13D.jpeg
    4084C24B-5791-4C05-8470-E1EFE0F7D13D.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 12
You made your own root beer. Looks good. How you like so far?
Lol basically. What would of been a better color to darken the purple up and make it not so translucent ? And it’s real fun to drive! Only thing I had issue with is some of the screws I over tightened on the ECX1092 part and it crushed the plastic where the screw go in the holes. Anymore tight and it may of broken the part.

Lol basically. What would of been a better color to darken the purple up and make it not so translucent ? And it’s real fun to drive! Only thing I had issue with is some of the screws I over tightened on the ECX1092 part and it crushed the plastic where the screw go in the holes. Anymore tight and it may of broken the part.
You did right with the black behind it. You just didn't wait long enough to put black on the purple. The darker colors dry quick like regular paint with warmer temps. But doesn't cure quicker. Hope that makes sense. Dry doesn't mean cured. So after your last coat of purple( hopefully at least 3 coats) should have waited 2-4 hours in temps about 70f. Below that longer. Then put the black on. That keeps them from blending. But allows it to back it. Dont worry. You definitely get better with time. I have made accidental colors/bodies. But learned with time. And they still look good. But you learn what to do better next time. I like it. Think still looks good.

Also a trick I do. And you dont have too. But for piece of mind. If its a plastic part i am screwing into...ill drop a drop of super glue/ca glue in hole and stick screw in. Us it like loctite for metal screws to plastic parts. Just a little drop. Nothing insane.

Also a trick I do. And you dont have too. But for piece of mind. If its a plastic part i am screwing into...ill drop a drop of super glue/ca glue in hole and stick screw in. Us it like loctite for metal screws to plastic parts. Just a little drop. Nothing insane.
Thanks for the tip! This is what I mean by over tighten.. see how the screw really dug into the plastic and basically crushed it? Hopefully it holds up but if not, it’s like $5 part.

Attachments

• A26A5CB9-7718-42FC-A383-BF36DBE95432.jpeg
    A26A5CB9-7718-42FC-A383-BF36DBE95432.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the tip! This is what I mean by over tighten.. see how the screw really dug into the plastic and basically crushed it? Hopefully it holds up but if not, it’s like $5 part.
It will for now. Buy spare just in case. And just run it like it is until it breaks. Never know. It may not. But atleast you'll have the spare.

It will for now. Buy spare just in case. And just run it like it is until it breaks. Never know. It may not. But atleast you'll have the spare.
Can I run the 15t that’s in the circuit with the stock amp mt? I want a lightly faster motor and paired with a lipo

Here’s the current set up. Hobby wing 1060 esc, futaba 203gf rx, venom 4200 nimh battery

Attachments

• 1694006F-8DCC-4481-8471-6E4FAAD60BF6.jpeg
    1694006F-8DCC-4481-8471-6E4FAAD60BF6.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 9
Can I run the 15t that’s in the circuit with the stock amp mt? I want a lightly faster motor and paired with a lipo
You should be able too. But keep eye on it. Amp is know to fry Esc with stock motor. Just nature of the beast. But you can try.

Here’s the current set up. Hobby wing 1060 esc, futaba 203gf rx, venom 4200 nimh battery
OMG. Your rig is so nice and clean. I remember when mine where that nice. Looks good though. Yep time for a 3300-3900kv set up, metal trans gears, better servo, servo eliminator, axles, wheelie bar and you be super happy ?

OMG. Your rig is so nice and clean. I remember when mine where that nice. Looks good though. Yep time for a 3300-3900kv set up, metal trans gears, better servo, servo eliminator, axles, wheelie bar and you be super happy ?
Ahh yea the servo. I have the stock one still installed even though I got a futaba servo to put in but i didn’t realize it came with the 24t and 25t servo horn until after the build was done ?. I figured just had to get my own horn to make it work. That was frustrating as the 24t and 25t servo horn were in the bag with the tires in small bag so didn’t notice them.

This was the other one for a while. With that battery holder gone..you get about 5200 hard pack and 6100 soft 2s with no problem. Also a bunch of different upper arm options. But I run 22$ rc10 anodized links. Comes with everything and balls. On all 4 my amps.

Attachments

• IMG_20190302_214830226.jpg
    IMG_20190302_214830226.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190302_214815428.jpg
    IMG_20190302_214815428.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 10
This was the other one for a while. With that battery holder gone..you get about 5200 hard pack and 6100 soft 2s with no problem. Also a bunch of different upper arm options. But I run 22$ rc10 anodized links. Comes with everything and balls. On all 4 my amps.
That looks real nice ! What tx rx you got in it ?

That looks real nice ! What tx rx you got in it ?
Thanks. that's my 40mph 3300kv basher. Its the stock 3 channel that comes out am exceed driftstar. My drift stars are top speed cars now and built up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back