ESC and Transmitter upgrade for Temper

Theta671

looking to get a new esc looking to make mine faster but still a crawler. also thinking about getting a new radio any recommendations???
For the 1/18

Last edited:
Not a good recommendation but funny
I took my motor,esc and transmitter from my 1/10 rucus 4wd and put it in my 1/18 roost lots of tight fits but it got really fast

Well the esc won't make your motor any faster, unless you go from a 2s only esc to a 3s esc and use 3s batteries. The best esc for a brushed crawler for the price is the hobbywing 1080. For 40 bucks it comes with a program card with enough adjustments to confuse a novice even. I don't own a temper, I have a wraith, which is quite large, so I'm not sure how well the 1080 will fit. But it's well worth any mods that may be needed to fit it in the temper(if any).
As for a radio system, I like the tactic tx300. They come stock on some axial and arma vehicles, so there are some take offs on eBay for a decent deal. 3 channel so you could add rear steering with it if you ever choose to do so. There are much better systems out there, but a temper is a budget crawler, so I recommended a budget radio.

I used a traxxas xl 2.5 esc,traxxas reciever and radio modded 3rd channel switch to a momentary on-off-on toggle works great for rear steer.had all parts on hand so was cheap...

Attachments

• 20190103_110020.jpg
    20190103_110020.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
I am using the hobbywing 1080 and flysky receiver with flysky transmitter , Flysky FS-IT4S

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back