Help pls! New AMP MT owner. Onyx/Kinexsis 4000kv ESC issues

I just tested and it failed again. I have More info. I think problem is in fact the RC4GS radio. Here is what happened...

Vehicle came to a full stop. TX shows NULL on the RSSI signal and stays at null. I can press trigger or Turn/steer But NOTHING happens. Went on like this for 5 mins and still nothing.

The esc was showing no led activity. No error on esc. Also no led activity on throttle which normally it would.

The RX was showing red and yellow as is normal with the gyro on.

Finally I decided to turn esc off and on. The NULL continued. Same problem persisted.

Then decided to turn TX off and on. So now it started all working again.

The TX or RX seem a problem here. Battery was at 4.02 V per cell at the time.

Yeah sounds like rx not TX. Mine only respond
I just tested and it failed again. I have More info. I think problem is in fact the RC4GS radio. Here is what happened...

Vehicle came to a full stop. TX shows NULL on the RSSI signal and stays at null. I can press trigger or Turn/steer But NOTHING happens. Went on like this for 5 mins and still nothing.

The esc was showing no led activity. No error on esc. Also no led activity on throttle which normally it would.

The RX was showing red and yellow as is normal with the gyro on.

Finally I decided to turn esc off and on. The NULL continued. Same problem persisted.

Then decided to turn TX off and on. So now it started all working again.

The TX or RX seem a problem here. Battery was at 4.02 V per cell at the time.
Sound like the rx is issue not tx. But like said before..i only familiar with non gyro and green its running good. Red bad. Yellow ia setup. Also 4.02 per cell...sounds low. But Usuable. Mine fluctuates 6.0-5.5 before acting goofy. Change your batts just in case or run a 1s through it. Once you get a new rx you can verify it. But bet its something there. Ugh...goodluck.

Yeah sounds like rx not TX. Mine only respond

Sound like the rx is issue not tx. But like said before..i only familiar with non gyro and green its running good. Red bad. Yellow ia setup. Also 4.02 per cell...sounds low. But Usuable. Mine fluctuates 6.0-5.5 before acting goofy. Change your batts just in case or run a 1s through it. Once you get a new rx you can verify it. But bet its something there. Ugh...goodluck.
4.02 per lipo cell is HIGH! 4.2V per cell is maxed. 3.2v or so is safest low voltage.

You’re talking about the tx batteries. I was referring to the lipo battery in the rc car.

Lol. Dont give up on your tx though. You can definitely get another rx and try it later.. Flysky hopefully makes it all better too

Major update. I swapped the radio for the Flysky and all problems are GONE. Clearly the radiolink was losing binding entirely amidst my runs. Sucks!

the flysky has less features but the gyro is much better/faster and adjusts quicker. I like this fd-gt5 radio better in almost every way.
I went through 2 batteries approx 80 min run total and zero issues.
What a blast this is. Super fast.

Sweet bro. Glad it worked out. For your radio link keep the TX and order a new rx sometime later and retry it. I have used there tx for long time and have had many issues with some of there rx before. They hit and miss.

You said antenna is wire tied down. Is it vertical? Does your receiver have 2 antennas r7fg or 1r6fg? The antennas if u have 2 have to be seperated. Also need to be vertical. Ive had the rg6gs for about a year and no problems. I also moved my receiver on top of the servo.

Latest posts

Members online

Back