Hopped up ECX AMP pic

So you have two? Is the one at the right in the photo the stock AMP Buggy? (Or a truck?) I keep thinking I might get one of these for my son.

So you have two? Is the one at the right in the photo the stock AMP Buggy? (Or a truck?) I keep thinking I might get one of these for my son.

It is the stock buggy!! My sons actually, he's 8 and its the perfect car for kids not super fast and super durable as all ECX owners know.

Nice! Just last night I was looking at installing turnbuckles at the rear of my Boost but it looked like there's not enough room for a ball stud and RPM rod end next to the transmission case/output drive shaft. How did you manage the installation? Any interference between the RPM rod end and the transmission output drive shaft?

Nice! Just last night I was looking at installing turnbuckles at the rear of my Boost but it looked like there's not enough room for a ball stud and RPM rod end next to the transmission case/output drive shaft. How did you manage the installation? Any interference between the RPM rod end and the transmission output drive shaft?

Actually with the ball stud and rod ends it ended up being more space.

What?! That's fantastic. Did you get a "whole-car" set of turnbuckles? (Like for the T4?) Or did you buy them in pairs? (Which is what I did.)

Yes I got the set for the T4. They fit perfectly and what a difference in handling, I think as I am really new to the addiction. Lol!!

The improvement in handling is good to hear! I haven't had time over the last week to complete the transition from plastic links to turnbuckles on my Boost. I completed the front end last night and set up the camber, and now I just need to finish up the rear. I was pleasantly surprised at how much the play in the front end was diminished when I switched to the turnbuckles. I'm looking forward to getting out and test-driving my new set-up soon! (The wait is killing me, especially since we haven't had rain for a few days and the dirt roads where I live are drying out!)

image.jpeg
Just installed some traxxas turnbuckles on my buggy. Ended up breaking one of the associated T4. These are much beefier had to pop out the hollow balls on one end and replace with the ecx plastic ones because they wouldn't fit in front of drive shaft

This is one dern impressive Amp build, I have to say! Although you've given yourself a healthy advantage over your boy with that Tazer system!

Holy cats @K0N3R77 weren't those Associated turnbuckles titanium? How did you break it? I already bent both steel Associate camber links on my Boost and have since replaced them with the titanium versions. I hope they last longer!

This is one dern impressive Amp build, I have to say! Although you've given yourself a healthy advantage over your boy with that Tazer system!

Lol!! Spent all my money on my greedy self. Although I did get him a arrma magazine 15t motor what a difference that made. He's pretty pumped

Holy cats @K0N3R77 weren't those Associated turnbuckles titanium? How did you break it? I already bent both steel Associate camber links on my Boost and have since replaced them with the titanium versions. I hope they last longer!

Lol!! @i_r_beej they are I was as shocked as you a few cartwheels and it had a pretty good bend in it. May have been my fault I took it off and tried to bend it straight oops!! Broke right on the threads.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back