Hopped up ECX AMP pic

I'm seeing why the bloke at RC Hobbies said to stick with plastic until stuff breaks, his comment was that metals can bend and become weak but not break, whereas with plastic - it's either broken or it's not! Not that there are plastic turnbuckles, of course!!!

I'm seeing why the bloke at RC Hobbies said to stick with plastic until stuff breaks, his comment was that metals can bend and become weak but not break, whereas with plastic - it's either broken or it's not! Not that there are plastic turnbuckles, of course!!!

He's right. Metal should only be used in locations NOT meant to bend or take abuse.

Isn't the 4000KV overkill? I was thinking more along 3000ish for my build. I'd like very much not to destroy the diff, spur gear or driveshafts.

Isn't the 4000KV overkill? I was thinking more along 3000ish for my build. I'd like very much not to destroy the diff, spur gear or driveshafts.

No it's perfect!! I also upgraded to metal gears, and so far so good with the stock spur and drive shafts. I run 2s 50c lipo great speed lots of control.

Alright sweet the stock driveshafts are what got me worried the most. Spur gears are a shelf item at the hobby store but I'm not too sure about driveshafts.

My son broke a drive shaft twice, but the only reason they broke were his jumping skills (he's learning). He always forgets to release the throttle when landing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back