Hot racing help

Jsumrall

Working on my ruckus, 1/10 2wd. Was originally a brushed, now running a castle brushless.

Broke the stock driveshafts, of course, and now looking for better ones. There’s 3 different styles of hot racing and none of them seem to have overwhelmingly positive reviews. Any of the 3 worth getting? Should I do the Traxxas 6852x? I know there’s a lot of posts about this, but none that are sure either way. Just looking for as many reviews/suggestions before I spend 30-50 dollars on hot racing.

I don't think there are any out there that will be bullet proof or have mixed reviews. I kicked it around for a really really long time. I just finally committed and I went with the original dog bone drives from HR and swapped out the rear shocks to a not so long traveled shock(Traxxas slash stock Ultras).

I got the Hot Racing axles (SECT288X06) which is very well built, but see they have been discontinued. Don't know why because they only recieved good reviews.

1546924000636.png

It's all hardened steel. The only alu part is the blue overlay sleeves. They are quite heavy, but bulletproof. The hexes also don't have a pin through the axles which makes them very durable.

Some places say that those are discontinued, but I can still buy them on amazon.

Attachments

• ED0B13B6-764E-4865-9005-0C08ECE1EF99.png
    ED0B13B6-764E-4865-9005-0C08ECE1EF99.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 11
Yes, I also read the whole thread on driveshafts. The 288x06 was the drive shafts with the most positive reviews. The updated hot racing drive shafts 288RC seems to be the newer version, but not a lot of reviews.

@Steve g: out of curiosity, what driveshafts are you using now?

The 288RC’s look great. Kind of expensive, but if they would hold up it would be worth it. I put a Traxxas one on there for now, ($10) figured it’ll get me by for a little until I decide which HotRacing ones to buy.

Yes, I also read the whole thread on driveshafts. The 288x06 was the drive shafts with the most positive reviews. The updated hot racing drive shafts 288RC seems to be the newer version, but not a lot of reviews.

@Steve g: out of curiosity, what driveshafts are you using now?
I'm using steel ones I found on eBay for 2wd traxxas. In that thread I wrote about them with a picture. Haven't had them long but will keep everyone updated with reliability.

I got the Hot Racing axles (SECT288X06) which is very well built, but see they have been discontinued. Don't know why because they only recieved good reviews.

View attachment 4578
I have these and they have held up great so far. I have 17mm wheel adapters and 1/8 truggy tires with a 120A ESC and a 4200kv motor. Slipper set just tight enough to get some solid wheelies.

I've been using the Traxxas slash 4 x 4 driveshafts in my ruckus for the last 4 years. I haven't had any problems with mine breaking. As long as you have your slipper clutch set correctly, you shouldn't be breaking drive shafts too often

Just wanted to add that I'm not disappointed in the 288x06, I'd recommend them still. I was just abnormally abusive, I don't think any shaft would have lasted doing what I was doing. And they are still for sale on eBay.

Need a little help here. I bought these Hot Racing CV's and ordered the wrong ones. Can someone tell me where i can get the axle that fits into the one end. The part # is , SJT288X06. Thanks all.

1595117903303101430062.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back