How long to leave LiPo fully charged?

KyleRC

I've had them a while. But I still can't think of a length of time that would be safe to have lipos fully charged. Any suggestions?

This may rub some of the more meticulous types the wrong way, but... I leave a couple of batteries fully charged, sometimes for weeks on end. Haven't noticed any downsides. I just don't want to have to charge the batteries when I decide on a whim that I want to run my RCs around the yard.

Wisdom is that the chemistry is more stable when they are half charged, my cells may get unbalanced more as a result, and they may not have as long of a service life. But these batteries were $17 and $25 (Turnigy brand) and they've lasted 30+ charges over about a year...

Don't sue me if your house burns down. I do keep mine in a lipo bag just in case.

This may rub some of the more meticulous types the wrong way, but... I leave a couple of batteries fully charged, sometimes for weeks on end. Haven't noticed any downsides. I just don't want to have to charge the batteries when I decide on a whim that I want to run my RCs around the yard.

Wisdom is that the chemistry is more stable when they are half charged, my cells may get unbalanced more as a result, and they may not have as long of a service life. But these batteries were $17 and $25 (Turnigy brand) and they've lasted 30+ charges over about a year...

Don't sue me if your house burns down. I do keep mine in a LiPo bag just in case.

I have to mention that having lipo batteries laying around doesn't really matter but when fully charged I would be slightly concerned. But you are using lipo bags so it doesn't really matter. Lipo fires most oftenly happen when charging and running due to human error or defects. But when stored properly a battery will most likely not need any protection besides a secure place to sit. (Falling and breaking or short circuit)

Members online

No members online now.
Back