Hpi Firebolt

sambo1988

Hi all

I have been talking on the forum about upgrading mummy sons amp to brushless in the future, but a mate has just given me a hpi firebolt 15t motor will the stock amp electrics cope with this and will it give it much more power.

Thanks

Sam

Thanks guys

Brushless is definitely on the cards but as it was free I thought it better to put it in first and see how it goes. Do I need to change the pinion or will stock be ok.

Thanks

I'm very interested to hear how you get on with this as I'm considering the firebolt for an Amp I'm looking to buy soon.

I have at the moment the stock 1800mah and a plasma 2000mah.
I also have some lipos for my hpi bullet I my try at some point but the car is my sons so don't think he will need much more until I go brushless.

Thanks

Oh that's good to hear, I'm looking at staying with nimh for now as i use the batteries in my son's amp too and it makes life simpler with regards to storage and charging etc.

I have at the moment the stock 1800mah and a plasma 2000mah.
I also have some lipos for my hpi bullet I my try at some point but the car is my sons so don't think he will need much more until I go brushless.

Thanks

My 4 year old uses 2s in his Amp. ;) You'll get there soon enough when he says "daddy make it faster!" haha

Hi all

A little later than I thought, been busy.
I installed the HPI firebolt at the weekend and just to let you all know that the motor makes a great difference to the amp very pleased.

I also have a little issue that you may be able to help with, I have built a touring car using hpi motor and sc-3swp2 esc the first esc was bad (no break or reverse) so had it replaced but the car will run for 10min or so then drop to half power I turn it of and on and all good for 10min any ideas
This happened with the bad esc also

Thanks

Sam

Thanks for the heads up. Think I may pull the trigger and get me a firebolt as well for my kid's truck. The 20T smells like it's about done.

Someone else had the same problem with a DYNS2210 ESC and a 15T motor recently, in the Amp subforum. No solution was found so far though :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back