I have a Temper!

Wow what a difference some slightly bigger stickier tires can make! I'm now trying to find new obstacle it can't climb! I definitely need wideners because rollovers are still all to common and these bigger tires rub bad at full lock and full stuff.

On another note with all this newfound traction and run time, I think after 1-2 runs I have cooked the factory motor. It will barely spin the tires at all, it gets scalding hot, and smells slightly like plastic burning. Also anything below 4.0v per cell and it won't hardly move at all I can't even fully discharge my Lipo pack with it. Is there a way to test it?

Okay so if you have been following along on the brushless upgrade thread ( https://ecxforum.com/threads/brushless-upgrade-complete.364/ )
I bought a 4500kv brushless motor and esc from a guy at work. I also ended up having to buy a spektrum radio and reciever to make it all work.

The results are, well mixed. It definitely has some get up and go, almost enough to do donuts lol, but getting it to crawl is a challenge. Plus either the esc or reciever radio combo has a double tap feature to go forward or reverse which is a pain when u need to switch directions quickly to keep from rolling over.

After only 5 minutes of messing around I snapped the front driveshaft. I think it mustve been defective because I removed it and horsed around in 2wd for another 30 mins, gave it hell, and didn't break the rear.

Scratch that, the next night I snapped the rear driveshaft as well. I'm currently looking for some upgraded driveshafts.

I turned the max speed down on the transmitter and that helped a lot with the low speed control, I don't think my kids will get the hang of it. Also I can't turn off the double tap feature :-(.

After I find some aftermarket driveshafts, if I break anything else I will probably go back to a tazer 380 or some other brushed motor.

On a stock Temper, I noticed that there isn't any torque lean when you go up an obstacle backwards. I honestly think it's easier to go in reverse than forward. I'm new to the forums and I'm going to read and see what can help improve the lean.

On a stock Temper, I noticed that there isn't any torque lean when you go up an obstacle backwards. I honestly think it's easier to go in reverse than forward. I'm new to the forums and I'm going to read and see what can help improve the lean.

Try this. The torque twist will be when going in reverse then.

Try this. The torque twist will be when going in reverse then.

TY for the video. I did come across it on YouTube and it does make sense. I'm wondering if that will reduce forward power, since it actually now going "reverse." I guess I can't have best from both worlds.

Electric motors don't care. I completed this mod and just switched the motor leads around so that my controller would still operate correctly. I noticed no difference in speed or torque.

Electric motors don't care. I completed this mod and just switched the motor leads around so that my controller would still operate correctly. I noticed no difference in speed or torque.

Okay, I'll try it when I get a chance this weekend. Ty for your help. I'll post the before and after video of an obstacle.

Latest posts

Members online

Back