Keeping the front wheels on the ground, weights?

Tamyosho

I'm thinking ofadding weights in the front of my Amp as it is pulling wheelies all the time (brushless setup and better tires, I race it with friends, no bashing).
Has anyone done it? Noticed any problems like worse handling or no increase in wheel touching the group effect?
If you've done it, how much weight did you use? Did you change the shock settings?

@Tamyosho we just had someone ask that same question, check out this thread: Ecx amp my upgrades

Sure you could add weight but you're probably going to need a lot to keep the front down. You're best bet is to change the gearing and/or shock oil weights.

Should I have more preload in the front and less in the back? Oil weight, lighter in the front, thicker in the back? The opposite? Please help!

Shocks will only help so much with this. Gearing and punch control on your ESC will see better results (as well as some self control with the throttle :D). As to your question though, the idea is to keep weight from transferring to the rear. So, more preload in the rear can help a little.

Team KNK makes brass 12mm wheel hexes in different sizes so does beef tubes (yes that's the name of the company) they might help.

I added stick on wheel weights for a car in my front end. I had the front disassembled to install an RPM saver delete and figured I’d stick some weights in there while I was at it. Then they’ll always be there and out of the as well as no worries about losing them. Having them inside the chassis also leaves room for more on the outside. LOL.

Should I have more preload in the front and less in the back? Oil weight, lighter in the front, thicker in the back? The opposite? Please help!

I added preload in the back and have none in the front and turned the punch right down. Still wheelies but nowhere near as bad as it was

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back