Metal gearing

For $50 how long will the ceramic ones last?

I have a set of Boca ceramics in my Savage, bought them about a decade ago. If you take care of them they can last a long time.

For $50 how long will the ceramic ones last?
If you are just bashing ceramic bearings are a BAD IDEA. Ceramic bearings are pretty much for racing only, they require almost constant maintainance even while racing on packed clay where not much dust is. I can’t even imagine what water might do to them.
If you were to put ceramic bearings in the transmission and one breaks it will cause so many problems, I don’t imagine ceramic mixed with grease on metal gears is a very good combination.
I feel if you were to get ceramic bearings for any rc it would probably be best to do that with any racer or one you don’t drive outside.

In other words: maintainance gets old.

Unless you are racing, there's no reason to spend that much money on them. The rubber shielded ones work great.

Since going to metal gearing i feel like the esc gets way to hot. Motor is fine doesn't get hot. Maybe I have plugs from the motor to the esc is wrong? I'm stumped

Matty, on your Castle combo there is no wrong way connecting your motor wires to the ESC , there just forwarded and reverse. In other words, if your car goes in reverse when pressing the throttle to go forward just reverse any two motor wires on the ESC and the car will move forward. It won't create extra heat on the ESC.
Here's how I mounted my wheelie bar on my AMP. You shouldn't have to loosen your motor to mount a wheelie bar, although I don't know how you mounted yours.

20180202_211423.jpg 20180202_211325.jpg 20180202_211251.jpg

If you are just bashing ceramic bearings are a BAD IDEA. Ceramic bearings are pretty much for racing only, they require almost constant maintainance even while racing on packed clay where not much dust is. I can’t even imagine what water might do to them.
If you were to put ceramic bearings in the transmission and one breaks it will cause so many problems, I don’t imagine ceramic mixed with grease on metal gears is a very good combination.
I feel if you were to get ceramic bearings for any rc it would probably be best to do that with any racer or one you don’t drive outside.

In other words: maintainance gets old.

Ok thanks kyle

Matty, on your Castle combo there is no wrong way connecting your motor wires to the ESC , there just forwarded and reverse. In other words, if your car goes in reverse when pressing the throttle to go forward just reverse any two motor wires on the ESC and the car will move forward. It won't create extra heat on the ESC.
Here's how I mounted my wheelie bar on my AMP. You shouldn't have to loosen your motor to mount a wheelie bar, although I don't know how you mounted yours.

View attachment 3397 View attachment 3398 View attachment 3399
Sorry this camera on the Amazon fire tablet sucks. And yes it was the metal spur i don't think it liked. Switched back to the stock gear and works fine! IMG_20180415_100656_hdr.jpg

IMG_20180415_100656_hdr.jpg IMG_20180415_100643_hdr.jpg IMG_20180415_100637_hdr.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back