Motor cover

Briguy

What size are those little tiny allen wrench screws on the motor cover. They are so small i can hardly see them. I hope I'm going the right way to change out the motor.

It's a 1.5mm metric wrench. You get one with the car I believe, but that one is really poor quality so pick up a better set.

I have a $3 set of 20 metric and 20 imperial sizes, just black hardened steel and they work just fine.

Once you have the spur gear cover off, you can get to the Philips head screws that hold the motor to the mounting plate. You are going at it the right way :)

No you aren't. There are two Phillips head screws that hold the motor in place. Once you get the gear cover off.

Get a hobby driver kit.
This is the one I got, use it every time I touch my cars and never had an issue. I wish the handle was a little nicer, but it works well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EKJ4UOO/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have this kit as well, mine has a different wrench in it, but everything else is the same, and it works very well. And I too wish the handle was a little better, it is kind of tricky to get the drivers into it.

Members online

Back