Motor mount issue

Fdnavy

Does anyone else have a problem with the motor shifting away from the pinion gear after jumps? No matter how much I tighten the motor mount screws the motor still shifts ever so slightly away and I have to stop running the car open it up and re adjust the motor. This is with an upgraded Kinexis 4000kv brushless motor. Any ideas for a fix?

Do you have the crush washer between the motor screws and the mounting plate? If not you can add one.

Do you have the crush washer between the motor screws and the mounting plate? If not you can add one.
That’s a good question. I am not 100% sure. If I don’t, where can I get these? And does it go on the motor side or the plastic side?

I looked it up and apparently the English term isn't crush washer, it's a serrated washer. It goes on the plastic side, it will bite into it. It will also make it a pain in the ass to adjust your pinion to spur mesh...

Traxxas makes the best motor mount screws. They have a wide flat head that is serrated on the backside. I use them on all my cars/trucks.

What size or part number are the Traxxas screws. They seem to make more than one size.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back