New Member in need of assistance plz!

rcracer101

Hi All,

Recently I purchased the ECX Amp MT and have been having great fun with it, i took it down to the beach yesterday and went through some shallow water anyway cut a long story short it stopped working no response just cut out.

Now today when i connect the battery the rear wheels spin at 100% throttle the transmitter has no effect on the car even if i turn off transmitter the wheels still spin like crazy. Even if i turn the on/off switch to either position the wheels still spin until i disconnect the battery, it use to beep when i turned it on it doesn't seem to do this any more.

So in summary the car doesn't beep when i turn it on , on/off switch doesn't seem to have any effect and transmitter doesn't have any impact either. I have changed batteries in transmitter and also pressed the little reset like switch under on/off switch.

Any ideas any help welcome.

Kind Regards
Rcracer101

One day may not be enough for the electronics to dry out. I would put them on the windowsill for another 24 hours or so before you can assess what's broken.

Usually it's the receiver that's the culprit, but if it powers the wheels even when the switch is off, either the whole ESC/RX unit is shorted out or that switch itself is flooded I think.

Thanks for the reply will stick it in the airing cupboard to dry out some more overnight, if i do need a new receiver do i have to get a new transmitter also do they have to be paired?
Will let you know the outcome once it drys a bit more.

The problem with the Amp is that the receiver and ESC are a combo unit, so you either have to get a new one of those (I wouldn't), or a new ESC and new TX/RX combo. I went for a $11 ebay ESC and a $40 flysky GT3C.

It's not a cheap hobby...

Yes Doom is right.. my first retard move was throwing a 12 turn motor on my stock amp a few months ago.. it was awesome.. for about 8 seconds until my esc/transmitter melted... don't rebuy the setup that comes with the amp...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back