New to ecx's

Sebastien6221

I'm getting ready to get 2 dbs and 2 mts, haven't had one of these yet. Need some info. The ones I'm getting do not have controllers, can I bind any TX that has a bind button?

No-- the stock receivers/ESC unit will only work with their corresponding radio. Horizon Hobby has upgraded/changed the Rx and radio hardware a few times over the years.

My recommendation would be to get a new radio system. Spektrum's DX2E is a pretty good radio for the money and can be paired with your phone (using add-on equipment). The STX2 is even less expensive, but uses a different radio protocol than the rest of Spektrum's surface equipment.

Here's some information regarding the stock radio equipment in the ECX AMP cars: https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/ECX Radio Conversion Guide.pdf

Thanks for that info. I may just do a complete overhaul on my electronics, except the servos. What are the battery connectors on the stock batteries? Waiting on my 4 Amps to get shipped. Do you think 4 for 210 was a good deal even if they dont come with txs?

EC3 are the stock battery connectors.

They are 150 a piece in the store, that math sounds pretty good to me!

The EC3 connectors are a pretty good connector-- safe and durable. There are many radio and Rx combos out there-- you can spend anywhere from US$30-$50 for a transmitter and Rx. I favor Spektrum-- they've always worked well for me. ECX and Spektrum are both Horizon Hobby-owned brands and I've found (as have many others on this forum) that HH has EXCELLENT customer service. So while you may find cheaper radio systems on Ebay or Amazon having support after the sale is pretty nice.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back