Newbie Charger Question

jCochran

I just purchased 2 Amp RTR kits for my 2 boys.

I am looking at purchasing a couple Dynamite 4500mAh batteries to extend the drive time.

What I am looking for is either 1 decent charger that can charge 2 batteries at 1 time or 2 cheaper chargers.
I would prefer to charge the batteries in around an hour.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

First off, welcome @jCochran!

It's pretty common to be able to charge in 1 hour, so no issue there. Some batteries will allow quicker charging.

You will get a different perspective from just about anyone. I'll recommend the Venom Pro Duo. Decent price point, charges two batteries and comes with many different harnesses.

https://www.venompower.com/products...-7a-lipo-lihv-nimh-rc-battery-balance-charger

As an aside, I see that you are looking at purchasing larger Nimh batteries, have you thought about changing to LiPo? Getting 2s LiPos for each of your Amps will extend useful run time a bit and provide a tad more punch. Only necessary addition to run them is to use a low voltage alarm.

I did think about buying LiPo's, however these are for 2 boys (8 & 11). I wanted it to be easy to use for them and all they have to do is swap out the battery and not worry.
some day we will swap to all LiPo's with a LiPo Charger but for now to get them started I think NiMh is just fine.

I understand. For reference though, my 5 year old drives an Amp on 2s with no issue. Unless you won't be around when they drive, then it's easy enough to stop them when the low voltage alarm goes off.

Also, if speed is any concern, there is a dual rate adjustment on the stock Amp remote. Though, again, for reference my 5 year old runs full speed. :D

Not trying to push you into LiPos, just giving perspective.

As a newbie I was just looking for a charger myself. There are plenty of options and I would have liked to be able to charge more than one battery at a time but it was more important to be easy and fast and affordable with good reviews. I got the Hitec RDX1 and I have been happy with it. A little confusing at first , as any of them would be , but after using it a few times I can see that my money was well spent. Its fast and easy and the price was right. Being new to this I really dont have anything to compare it to but it seems well made and perfect for what we needed. It came with a standard connector so I had to get an adapter , went with the option of having multiple types on one so if I ever needed something different , its there.

Thanks Everyone! I decided to go with the Venom Pro Duo. So far it is working great!

Latest posts

Members online

Back