NiMH Battery Life

cmilla0507

Kind of a newbie so here's my question.....How long should a 5000mah NiMH battery run on a full charge? It seems if I let it charge for about 1.5 hours, I'm lucky to get 10min out of it before the truck starts moving on its own without touching the controller. Any advice?

Since it is a nimh, I would assume around 20-40 minutes depending on driving. How are you charging it? The rate of charge will determine if 1 1/2 hour charge is enough.

Since it is a NiMH, I would assume around 20-40 minutes depending on driving. How are you charging it? The rate of charge will determine if 1 1/2 hour charge is enough.
I'm just using the standard charger that came with truck (1800Mah battery). Would it be better to have a different charger that has info on the charging process. The standard charger is just a wall plug in style.

The manual says to charge for 9 hours for the standard battery! You'd be much better off getting a better charger, as for recommendations though I'd have to leave the for someone with more knowledge than me.

Yes, the standard wall charger will not charge that battery in 1 1/2 hours. You will never get much run time doing that. However, if you buy a better charger and charge at 2A (for the 1800mAh) or 5A (for the 5000mAh) you can do it in about an 1 hour.

Yes, the standard wall charger will not charge that battery in 1 1/2 hours. You will never get much run time doing that. However, if you buy a better charger and charge at 2A (for the 1800mAh) or 5A (for the 5000mAh) you can do it in about an 1 hour.
I purchased a better charger and another battery! Hopefully now we can start to have some fun!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back