Pinion problems

Batone76

I have an ECX Torment 4x4 and bought a mod 1 spur gear for it but I'm having issues trying to get any of my existing pinion to mesh with it. I do run it brushless if that helps any...

can you post a picture of the bad mesh issue?
I dont have a pinon gear to fit my spur gear the spur gear is a 48 pitch on my tornmemt 4x4 . its a mod 1 spur i need to know what size or model number number from any manufacturer that will work.

Any 48 pitch pinion will work then. All you should need to do is install the pinion gear on the motor output shaft then using the motor mount adjustment screws to loosen then slide the motor over to the appropriate mesh then tighten mount screws. (This is assuming the motor placement is adjustable... which it should be seeing as all hobby grade rc has some form of motor adjustment in their design)

I forgot to ask how many teeth does you new spur gear have? If it's significantly larger or smaller than your previous one, you would have to match it the opposite with your pinion gear... for example, I run a 71 spur and 31 pinion on my pro-stock 17.5 buggy. But my mod buggy is running a 81 spur and 19 pinion.

I forgot to ask how many teeth does you new spur gear have? If it's significantly larger or smaller than your previous one, you would have to match it the opposite with your pinion gear... for example, I run a 71 spur and 31 pinion on my pro-stock 17.5 buggy. But my mod buggy is running a 81 spur and 19 pinion.
Its a 48 pitch spur gear mod 1 with a 45 tooth. im trying to use a castle creations sct brushless motor with a 1/8 shaft . just need a pinion to get it running agin

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back