Replacement ESC

brianz

The ESC on my son's Torment burned out (literally, started smoking) a while ago and I need to replace it. I have read a few threads here about upgrading to Goolrc brushless motor/ESC. That sure sounds fun, but I'm a little worried it'd be too fast for him (he's 8 years old.)

A couple of questions:

- Is there a better option other than the stock ESC that may have a better lifespan? I don't want to spend a ton of money, but also don't feel like dropping $50 every few months if the stock ESC is going to keep doing this.
- Do I need anything to pair the stock controller with the new ESC?
- If I upgraded to the brushless GoolRC, what other parts would I need to upgrade?

Thanks!

Hey, as far as ESC options I would recommend FUZE ESC's there is different amperage ratings and they are fairly high quality. If you buy a new ESC and It connects to the receiver (in the front of the car) I believe it will work just fine without too much hastle. I would stay away from cheap ESC's. You are not getting any value out of the cheap ESC's because most of em burnout within days of use. I would stick to something made by a manufacturer with a good reputation ( not gool rc ). It will save you money in the long run. If you are worried about speed, you could always try gearing it down a little or using a nimh battery.

hope this helps!

Latest posts

Members online

Back