SCT body for the AMP?

i_r_beej

First thought is the Circuit, but I want a body that covers the wheels, like an SCT body does. Torment? Maybe a ProLine? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The Amp (and circuit) have a very wide stance. Maybe a 1/8 body could fit, if it is really short wheelbase? Any 1/10 scale body is not gonna cover the wheels very much, if at all.

How wide is the AMP, from edge of tire to edge of tire? Most SCT bodies are about 300-305mm, I think.

As a side note, most SCT's that try to run MT tires (like the AMP's) need to do heavy body trimming, as the MT tires are so much wider then SCT tires. You may need to look at swapping in some SCT tires too, to narrow up the truck for the SCT body. But, the MT tires are better for bashing off-road.

I've been considering doing this as well. There are a multitude of options to narrow the wheel base. The proline renegade rims fit and narrow the stance considerably. Losi sct10 wheels also fit and have 0 offset that would narrow the stance even more. The next step is to extend the wheel base. A Main sells a chassis extension that fits the Amp and circuit. I'm finding a lot of tracks don't have enough people running stadium trucks to run a separate class, so converting to a sct makes sense. Here's the link to the chassis extension.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/xtreme-racing-ECX-g10-frame-extension-black-xtr12452gbk/p234210

How wide is the AMP, from edge of tire to edge of tire? Most SCT bodies are about 300-305mm, I think.

As a side note, most SCT's that try to run MT tires (like the AMP's) need to do heavy body trimming, as the MT tires are so much wider then SCT tires. You may need to look at swapping in some SCT tires too, to narrow up the truck for the SCT body. But, the MT tires are better for bashing off-road.

Length: 16.9 in (429.3mm)
Width: 12.9 in (327mm)
Wheelbase: 11.6 in (294.6mm)
Weight: 3.44 lbs (1.6kg)
Tire Type: 4.3 in (110mm) All-terrain

IMG_3810.JPGTorment body mounts on the Amp in the first pic. Sct body on the Amp without chassis extension in the 2nd. Tekno sct410.3 in the 3rd. IMG_3808.JPG IMG_3809.JPG I just played around with some race wheels from my Tekno sct410.3 and compared measurements with the Amp.
The stock Amp has 11-3/4" wide stance in the front and 12" in the rear. The wheel base center to center is 11-1/2".
I mounted 0 offset proline f11 wheels and it narrowed the Amp to 10-3/8 front and 10-5/8 rear. The 0 offset wheels slightly limit steering travel as the steering arm hits the inside off the rim, but it's fairly minor. I think this could be fixed by using a thicker hex and there's room to make it wider and still fit sct criteria.
I aslo measured my Tekno sct for comparison. It has a stance of 11-3/8" wide and a wheel base of 13". I think you would want the chassis extension and the wheel base would work well with an sct body. You can use the torment body mounts to secure the body more evenly. Here's some pics.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back