Servo upgrade or no?

Sourkrause44

Just spent way too long putting what was supposed to be an upgraded servo into my circuit and after installing it seems slower and less powerful. I first noticed that I could no longer turn the wheels with the car turned off. Well I can but with much force. Also the wheels don’t return to center.

I have heard good things about this servo, for the money, and the specs appear much better than the stock one so what do you think? Could it be the servo saver slipping? I have heard the servo savers on these circuits are quite loose but would that cause the steering to almost feel jammed?

Here is the servo:
DS3218 Pro

The new servo you got is super powerful and that is why it is had to turn the wheels, because of the gear reduction to the motor. I have a stock torment servo and it seems to be holding up for the time being, less power more speed.

Have you checked that the steering rate has been turned up on the handset?

You can turn down the dual rate.

I ended up sending these servos back to amazon and sticking with the stock servos. I think part of the issue was that the servo was a bit to long and the arm there that the servo horn attaches too was being bent. I found that this new servo was definitely no faster than the stock one and also would almost never return to center.

Latest posts

Members online

Back