Set screw fell out. Is this normal?

Uglybassmike

Hey everyone, I am new and so is my car. I have about 8 hours on it running a 8.4Volt battery. Anyway I was running it the other night and it stopped moving after a spill. I took the cover off and the set screw has fallen out. I put it back in and it appears to be running fine. Is this a screw that normally needs attention? I am including a photo with a circle around the part that failed as I am not 100% sure what the part is. ECX 1/10 2WD Torment
Thanks, http://imgur.com/c0WIpIw

It fell out completely? I've seen the set screw on that pinion gear back out a bit, but didn't think it would just come out completely.

I use a drop of blue thread locker on mine. And I have also had them back out where they spin on the shaft but never had one fall out.

And looking at your picture, your gear mesh looks loose. It may be a bad pic but I would take a look at it.

I use a drop of blue thread locker on mine. And I have also had them back out where they spin on the shaft but never had one fall out.

And looking at your picture, your gear mesh looks loose. It may be a bad pic but I would take a look at it.
Can you recommend a video or a good tutorial for a rookie to check this out and adjust if need be?

Can you recommend a video or a good tutorial for a rookie to check this out and adjust if need be?

Sure, I like to wiggle the spur and listen to the click but some people use a piece of paper. I watched a few videos and this one shows how I do it pretty well.

And I only mentioned anything because it looked like the cog on your gear is touching the other gear's tooth instead of being in the groove.

Sure, I like to wiggle the spur and listen to the click but some people use a piece of paper. I watched a few videos and this one shows how I do it pretty well.

And I only mentioned anything because it looked like the cog on your gear is touching the other gear's tooth instead of being in the groove.

Thanks. I am checking it out now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back