Stripped Gears

BowHunt3r

My son has a stock torment.
It looks like he has stripped the gears.
When he gives it gas the wheels turn some but only if the rear is off the ground.
What do you recommend for a metal gears.

Thanks.

Have you gone in and taken a look at the gears yet? You should also check to see if the slipper is too loose. Want to make sure you cover your bases before you order parts.

Stupid question,but how do I do that. Can you link a video. My eyes are not the best to see all the little parts.

Ok.
The motor gear and the large gear are good.
The mesh looks good and no broken teeth

Ok.
But one wheel turns forward and the other backwards.

Now if I hold the spur gear and move the truck forward the wheels roll.
Could it be the clutch?

Yeah it could be the slipper clutch if you can hold the spur and still spin the wheels (both wheels in same direction, or one wheel stationary and 1 wheel rotating)
If both wheels spin the opposite direction then it won't be spinning the rest of the tranny gears. Try turning the truck on, with the spur gear cover off, put it against a wall, and slowly hit the trigger forwards. Watch the spur gear and the slipper nut/assembly. If the nut spins but the wheels don't, then it's an internal gear issue. If the nut doesn't spin but the spur gear does, it's the slipper clutch.

Stupid question,but how do I do that. Can you link a video. My eyes are not the best to see all the little parts.

Ok.

But one wheel turns forward and the other backwards.

Now if I hold the spur gear and move the truck forward the wheels roll.
Could it be the clutch?

You can run your slipper nut between 1.5 turns to 2 turns off from tight.

How you check if your tight enough basically the suggestion listed just above this response.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back