Torment rebuild and listed upgrades......

kruzracing169

I installed an T-bone racing basher front bumper. Can I say, this is really nice. I have driven up over curbs and for the most part, driven over them without damage. Now, I don't just do it on purpose.
Only thing I have broke, and they replaced for free, is the support bracket. As long as you keep your order number from online purchase, you can get a free replacement.

Note: I think the problem is that the support is just a tad too long. I like trimmed an 1/16" off. Holes line up better too.
inCollage_20181026_072036096.jpg
IMG_20181026_071251386.jpg
I also trimmed off the extra plastic piece that sticks past the front hinge pin cover.
Now, maybe bumper is designed around leaving it, it just looks better. I like clean!

Heyitsme

On my Electrix Ruckus (mostly the same as Torment) what they called a bumper back then broke and cracked the chassis holes where the bumper bolted on to. I got a T-bone bumper and left the broke bumper pieces on. With the bumper piece being broke the left piece acts as a brace and allows the bumper to flex on impact it makes it less rigid and transferring impact into the brace and chassis does not look good but been working out great (flexible yet still strong).

Attachments

Last edited:

KyleRC

On my Electrix Ruckus (mostly the same as Torment) what they called a bumper back then broke and cracked the chassis holes where the bumper bolted on to. I got a T-bone bumper and left the broke bumper pieces on. With the bumper piece being broke the left piece acts as a brace and allows the bumper to flex on impact it makes it less ridged and transferring impact into the brace and chassis does not look good but been working out great (flexible yet still strong).

I remember the electrix bumper good ol days. My brother probably still remembers it from it magically pushing his leg over at 35mph.

The only two original parts from my electrix ruckus (besides screws) are the shock towers.

kruzracing169

*******Shock Update*********

Sorry, forgot to list one extra part.
I used the Team Associated 12mm shock spring cup, in replacement of the Traxxas ones. More adjustment.

Part #ASC91310

kruzracing169

I will be back with the rest to finish this build. I have just been busy with end of season outdoor things. Once winter sets, I will be fully dedicated to RCs. I have two more upgrade documentations. I hope to put a few on you tube too. We will see. Thanks.

Seb

what turnbuckles did you use for your build? not sure if you mentioned it.
looking forward to read more about your build

cheers

kruzracing169

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to list them. I got busy, ha. Here they are.

These are what I installed on the front, I like them better then what I have on the rear. Plus, they are aluminum and not steel, and red or blue.

1, this pic is the combo, use on front camber and steering.
Screenshot_20181026-073707~2.png

2, this pic is the separate, use on the rear. Traxxas 3738.
Screenshot_20181026-073754~2.png

3, this is the separate, used on the front camber. Traxxas #3737
Screenshot_20181026-073905~2.png

I used the Traxxas #3643 on my rear, there steel, and pop off and always need to be adjusted.

If you wanted to go the steel turnbuckle route, you will need (2) #3643 and (1) #3644.

I will get back to the wrap of this build after this weekend. I wanted to test a couple things before listing. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Seb

sweet, thank you.
i just have 1 pair of steel traxxas #2445 in the front and #5539 in the back. didn't have any problems so far. but i like the blue turnbuckles. might change the front.

kruzracing169

Man, how time has been flying.....summer has been really busy and build logs have piled up. I have updates soon. Thanks for being so patient.