So I did some upgrading on my Desert Buggy... :cool:
  • Kinexis 4000Kv with ESC
  • T-Bone front and rear bumpers
  • GPM front and rear shocks
  • Boom Racing front shock tower
  • Boom Racing front arms
  • Hot Racing front hubs
  • TrackStar TS4G Tx/Rx
Also bought the Hot Racing SECT288 CV axles, but ruined the first set when attempting to install on my son's Ruckus. Replacements are on the way. I also plan to replace the rear arms soon as well.

I also made some vent cuts on the body. My ESC was getting a little hot and there is almost no room for air flow under there. I'm happy with all of them except for the two slots on the right side. I may buy a clear body and paint it...

Attachments

• IMAG1295.jpg
    IMAG1295.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG1291.jpg
    IMAG1291.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG1287.jpg
    IMAG1287.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG1288.jpg
    IMAG1288.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG1296.jpg
    IMAG1296.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 78
I was waiting for this thread! Noticed your crazy amp in the pictures already. How are those shocks? Are those the springs that came with them on the rear?

I was waiting for this thread! Noticed your crazy amp in the pictures already. How are those shocks? Are those the springs that came with them on the rear?
We are at the hobby shop now, I needed body clips... lol. So soon, we will know how it does. But it does wheelies all day long on carpet. I'll get some video shortly.

Yeah, the springs came with them. I wish I knew, I would have found better matching fronts. But it allows a much higher ride in the front and rear.

Ouch. You might want to stick with plastic on those A-arms so they bend a bit. Aluminium is not always the best option.

Ouch. You might want to stick with plastic on those A-arms so they bend a bit. Aluminium is not always the best option.
NO!!! ITS SO BLINGY!!!! :D

Ehh, it was just my careless driving. I'd say this thing was going 40+mph and went airborne. Before it had a chance to steer, it went into a wall. 100% my fault.

But for as fast and front light as it is, it handles well. It's way more fun that it should be. Lol.

It's definitely punchy enough, isn't it? How are the temperatures? I'd gear it up if temps allow.

It's definitely punchy enough, isn't it? How are the temperatures? I'd gear it up if temps allow.
It stays fairly cool as there's not much of a load on it. It was probably 85 degrees outside, so I felt a little hotter than normal. I need to pick up a temperature gun though. Once I get it back up and running, I'm going to gear it up a little bit and try and squeeze some more speed out of it.

My 4WD Ruckus won't either. My sons 2WD will though, but not like my AMP. That thing would take off if it had wings, it's super light.

The 2wd models benefit from alot of weight shifted to the rear, like the motor, along with a very light front end.

I think I'm done upgrading this thing (for now). I have to shim the rear arms, but that's it. I'll test drive it today. And... hopefully not run it into a wall.

Attachments

• IMAG1327.jpg
    IMAG1327.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG1326.jpg
    IMAG1326.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG1325.jpg
    IMAG1325.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 41
It's looking really good man, I wasn't sure about that color on the body in the pic you posted earlier, but with the stickers it looks ace.

It's looking really good man, I wasn't sure about that color on the body in the pic you posted earlier, but with the stickers it looks ace.
Thanks! I like that it matches my shocks. Lol. I threw some blue metallic flake on the fin as well.

I have a Ruckus body on the way, gotta figure out what color to paint it.

I've got some shocks that are 90, 100, and 105mm lengths with several sets of springs/rates. I may try something out when I get my hands on the DB.

Latest posts

Members online

Back