What did break, fix, or upgrade on your 4wd ruckus today?

sc302

I am not going to go back to the end of September to say what I broke or what had fallen off but I will go into the parts list I have now to have on hand in case something else happens. I have had the brushless ruckus for a month now.
  • M4 wheel nuts, picked up 4 bags of 10
  • A new set of wheels
  • Alum wheel hexes
  • Alum wheel hubs on all 4
  • Front axles
  • Wheel bearings
  • Shock perches
  • Box of stainless screws (easier and cheaper then buying the individual sets)
  • locktite blue
  • Front bumper
  • 2s 30c 5000mah
  • Wheel shims
  • Parts case to keep it all in
It is getting there. now, instead of every time, it is 1:3 times I go out something falls off or breaks :/

Torment 0 breaks

Ruckus bl 4wd about 20 things replaced due to nuts or screws backing out, someone who didn't have permission running into a tree (bumper last week), or wanting to tighten front wheels up (aluminum hubs).

IMG_0294.JPG

All four corners have ecx aluminum hexes and aluminum hubs now. They tightened the wheels up a bit, minimized the in and out axle slop.

Stock ecx front bumper on, waiting on tbone bumper to come in.

Some of the bearings feel gritty, so they will be next to go as soon as my boom racing bearing kit comes in.

Haven't driven it yet, been a busy weekend. It is a bit dirty.

IMG_0318.JPG IMG_0319.JPG

Last edited:
Got the tbone bumper. It is a lot wider than stock. Looks a lot meaner with that bumper.

Did a mph run. 26mph on stock brushless with 2s 30c lipo. Seems slow, going to have to fix that.

All four corners have ecx aluminum hexes and aluminum hubs now. They tightened the wheels up a bit, minimized the in and out axle slop.

Some of the bearings feel gritty, so they will be next to go as soon as my boom racing bearing kit comes in.

Haven't driven it yet, been a busy weekend. It is a bit dirty.

View attachment 1271 View attachment 1272
Link for aluminium hubs please. They look good. Thanks

I gps'd my stock brushless ruckus 4x4 on a 7cell nimh and it did 29mph.
Ive put in the stock torment 12t pinion and it does 35mph, battery was at half life so i will try again on a fully charged 3300 7cell. Seems quicker though.
Tyres stretch out now which didn't happen on the 9t pinion. #speedaddict.
3s and gear up next i think. Complete ruckus destruction haha

20180204_075546.jpg 20180204_075606.jpg 20180204_075632.jpg
Don't get too excited about the front T-Bone Bumper for the ECX. Mine broke the first time I ran it. When I installed it, I was thinking that the supplied bumper's brace angle wasn't correct. It required a lot of pressure just to get it to fit. Sure enough, it broke right on the angle of that brace. I've applied for a warranty replacement with them, so we'll see how that goes.

Vous pouvez mettre une barre de wheling sur le pare choc arrière

@Tim91 , in the future please post in English. This is per our Terms of service.

For everyone else here, this is the translation.

"You can put a wheling bar on the rear bumper"

I've applied for a warranty replacement with them, so we'll see how that goes.
Update: T-Bone provided a free bumper bracket under warranty. This one has the same angle, so I fear it will break, too. I'm considering putting some heat on it and bending it more before I install it.

Strange. Does it mount lower down or something.
Ive got rpm bumpers ment for the torment. Do the job.
There warranty doesn't cover the uk but they did then say if i pay postage then they will which is ok i suppose. Shame the postage is more than the product.

I broke the stock left front drive shaft. It broke right at ball end of the drive shaft. The driveshaft fell out and is lost. I just ordered a set (pair) of Hot Racing Steel CVD Drive Shafts ECF288VX06.

[GALLERY=media, 373]Broken Drive Shaft by Ramjet posted Feb 22, 2018 at 2:27 AM[/GALLERY]
Is this Hot Racing item the best way to go for strength? Anyone have any negative experiences with this item?

Strange. Does it mount lower down or something.
The T-Bone bumper is two plastic pieces, the bumper and a brace. I'm using the mounting holes provided in the bumper and the brace and following the bumper's mounting instructions. The angle on the brace isn't enough, so there is a lot of pressure on that angle when it's installed. I really requires a lot of force to bend that brace to get the screw hole to line up, which is a design flaw in my opinion. T-Bone should either make the brace shorter, or increase it's angle. There is no reason for that brace to have so much pressure on it just to get the hole to line up.

After almost a year, I finally got around to installing the Hot Racing ECF288VX06 CDV drive shafts. As Hot Racing describes, these shafts require the disassembly of the transmission. The reason is because the stock differential outdrive is replaced by the outdrive that's integrated into these drive shafts. Upon disassembly, I noticed two damaged teeth on the differential ring (ECX232022), so I ordered a complete differential kt (ECX232010) from eBay for $31.43 including shipping. I remember hearing a lot of noise before the stock driveshaft broke, so this much have been the cause. Now that everything is back together, I discovered that section of the axle on the ECF288VX06 where the wheel hex nut slips on is 6mm instead of the stock 5mm, so now I have to source some new wheel hex nuts.

Does anyone know where I can find some? I'd consider ones that adapt to 17mm instead of the stock 12mm. Or, should I just drill them out by 1mm to make them fit?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back