What did you buy today?

Lol!! That's funny
The blisters and cuts from the lemon tree thorns arnt so much... least i got some brownie points... and the silver lining is she cant complain if i spend a couple of hundred on initial AMP upgrades

The blisters and cuts from the lemon tree thorns arnt so much... least i got some brownie points... and the silver lining is she cant complain if i spend a couple of hundred on initial AMP upgrades

Exactly!! that's how I play the spending game it's always better to make the wife happy first.

I bought a MG996R for 3.97 euros. I'll probably be out of the country when it arrives.

Other RC related things I'm expecting
- flysky gt3c off ebay (I hope this one makes it over the pond, what with the embargo on lithium batteries on passenger flights) - 46 euros
- "320A" unbranded waterproof ESC off ebay (I hope the actual rate is at least 25A, I will protect it with a capacitor bank) - 10.50 euros
- IR temperature gun off dealextreme (9.5 euros)
- warranty replacement ESC/RX for my Amp from Horizon (free)

The first of my tidal wave of packages from china arrived! I'm glad it got through, this one had me a bit worried because of the embargo on lithium batteries for passenger planes.
21.jpg 22.JPG 23.jpg 24.jpg
I'll let you know how it is as soon as one of my ESCs arrives in the mail...

I want deets on that radio ASAP.

I just received an Associated B4/T4 steering assembly/servo saver to install in my AMP truck. I wanted to improve the steering without having to buy a new servo. :)

I just received an Associated B4/T4 steering assembly/servo saver to install in my AMP truck. I wanted to improve the steering without having to buy a new servo. :)

Let us know how the install goes and how much it improves the steering. May be just what I need!!

I want deets on that radio ASAP.

Used it for the first time today. I like it. It feels cheap in your hands, but that's mostly because it's so light I think. You get used to the menu styles very fast. I like the voltage reading from the rechargeable battery. I tested the range at dusk and it remained responsive up to the point where I could no longer see whether it was responsive. Then I remembered I hadn't unfolded the little stub antenna... Let's just say the range is not a concern then.
My favourite feature is the expo. This is a serious must-have for beginners. I'm twice the driver I was without it. Now I can actually take off on gravel in sort of the right direction. I have it set at -30.
One thing I don't really like about it, is the lipo battery. Sure it's nice to have a rechargeable, and it will probably do good runtimes. But some NiMH would have done equally well, without having to worry about leaving it in the transmitter and ruining it with leakage current, or wondering how safe the built-in charger (from a usb to micro-usb lead) is... And I don't need another fire hazard either frankly.

Bought a used Reedy Sonic Mach2 17.5t motor and a new Hobbywing Justock XR10 ESC. Going to crush some associated buggies in the Stock class soon! (As soon as I get the gearing sorted out.)

upload_2016-5-4_13-8-20.png

Amp is getting a power upgrade! And I figured it was time to upgrade my charger. :D

I'm going to make my play in Stock Buggy class soon so I bought a 69T 48p Associated spur gear and a 33T Robinson pinion. I just hope I can properly drill out the spur so it will fit on the input shaft.

I bought an Associated 72t 48p spur to improve the mesh. I also bought some split-ring lock washers and a set of DU-BRO/Bondhus hex drivers. I've rounded off several bit in the Dynamite "starter" too set. :D (The hex socket drivers are decent, but the hex key bits are terrible!)

You know, I really enjoy reading about OTHER people spending money. I've discovered that I haven't needed to buy anything for a while.

I just picked up the final piece to my race set-up: "Shorty" LiPo battery pack. 4600mAh, 90C. I just need to solder an EC3 connector to the leads (No, I don't want to wire directly to the ESC just yet). I'll be hitting the track for some practice and dialing in the new power system and battery and then I'll begin crushing the Associated, TLR, and Schumacher buggies. BWAHAHAHAH!

Yesterday I bought my bad self an actual real soldering station. I've had it with the cheap "pencils" that get too hot to hold and burn out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back