What did you buy today?

I just got a Spektrum Dx4c to replace the Dx2e that came with my car. I like having a screen to tell me battery level, trim, EPA, etc. :) I'm looking forward to getting it set up with my Boost and hitting the track this Sunday!

I just got a Spektrum Dx4c to replace the Dx2e that came with my car. I like having a screen to tell me battery level, trim, EPA, etc. :) I'm looking forward to getting it set up with my Boost and hitting the track this Sunday!
That is a great radio!

Ordered two Venom ROAR approved LiPos from my LHS today. This is my first step getting into racing. I'm going to try to go to the local track this week or next and see what everybody is running and find something a little budget-friendly for motor and ESC.

Ordered two Venom ROAR approved LiPos from my LHS today. This is my first step getting into racing. I'm going to try to go to the local track this week or next and see what everybody is running and find something a little budget-friendly for motor and ESC.

What vehicle will you be racing? Is there a class for your mad amp?

What vehicle will you be racing? Is there a class for your mad amp?
My AMP. I'll have to put a ROAR approved ESC and motor in it... Yay, more money! :(

I just put a Maclan Diamondback 120A/550 3500Kv combo in my 4X4. So I have a spare XTM 3900Kv combo. But, it's not ROAR either. My AMP should fall into the 2WD buggy class once I convert the electronics.

Attachments

• IMAG1343.jpg
    IMAG1343.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG1345.jpg
    IMAG1345.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 3
When you start racing you'll be in "Novice" which is generally a "run what ya brung" class. You'll encounter everything from just-out-of-the-box Slashes to tricked out AE B5Ms. After that... Stock Buggy is the next logical step. 17.5t brushless motors and no timing/blinky mode on the ESC (or run a "stock" ESC like HobbyWing's Justock XR10). A motor hotter than that and you'll be in "Open" or "Mod" class which just gets crazy.

Just bought a "new-to-me" low-runtime TLR 22 3.0 roller (essentially just the kit, assembled with a realllly ugly body paintjob) for $175. So all my new electronics will transfer from the Boost and I'll be re-installing all the stock electronics into the Boost. So I'll have a race buggy and a Super-Happy-Funtime Buggy!

Just then;
1 x SpazStix Color Change Paint - Gold/Orange/Purple/Red Aerosol
1 x HPI 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X Clear Body (200mm)
1 x HPI Hummer H2 Body (Clear)
1 x ECX 12mm Wheel Hex Aluminium (4)
1 x JT MINI DRIFT YELLOW AE86 RTR W/CHARGER AND BATTERY

And from july 15th;
2x #NC5800.2S2P.30/25221 Turnigy nano-tech 5800mah 2S2P 30~60C Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED)
1x #EC3x10/28837 EC3 Plugs (10pairs/set)
1x #258000019/46008 1/10 Scale Police Light Bar
1x #9052000138-4/95987 Accucell S60 AC Charger
2x #9070000005/46181 Turnigy Smart LED Car Lighting System
1x #LPGUARD18x22/32967 Lithium Polymer Charge Pack

Thankfully i made extra cash this week from tattoos, and also I havnt bought any alcohol in a few months (i know, what kind of Aussie am i?!!)

Latest posts

Members online

Back