What spur gears compatible with ECX 2WD cars?

Yes. The mesh between a 33t pinion and 69t spur was not perfect and they wound up skipping after a few hard jumps. I switched to a 72t spur and was able to set the mesh perfectly. This combination, paired with a 17.5 turn brushless motor was fantastic. The car was able to rev up and clear double jumps immediately after a sharp turn in the track. After several weeks (maybe about 12 hours total run time) the 72/33 gearing combination was working well with no problems. I was able to hang with other Stock-class cars (AE B5's, PRs, TLRs) on the straights. The Boost would even pop wheelies on occasion! However, speed is not everything and the design of the Boost really hampered it on the high-traction carpet track. After months of adjusting the Boost is a completely different car but there are fundamental design issues that keep it from really going toe-to-toe with more expensive buggies in the turns.

Bottom line: Using Associated B4 spur gears opens up new gearing options and is a very easy mod.

Old thread I know, but can anyone who's done the AE 48p spur conversion tell me how tight/loose they've set the slipper? With the std ECX setup on my Ruckus, I usually go with between 1.5 - 2 turns out from full tight, but do the AE pads necessitate a different approach? I've just bought a used Torment roller, and its missing the spur, one of the slipper back plates, and the pads. Can't find any ECX parts locally or even online for sensible money, and have a complete AE 48p setup in a spare Blitz gearbox that came as part of a job lot, so would like to make use of this if possible (i have 81 & 84t spurs). Thanks

I set the AE slipper the same way I set the ECX slipper (2-3 turns from "locked"). The friction characteristics seem to be quite similar.

I'm playing with some of my Associated gears tonight for my Torment... any clue what the Torment's transmission ratio is? Is it the same as the buggy?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back