What's your LiPo battery of choice?

We have had a good experience with the Flureon 5200mah 7.4v 30c's(we have 3) for $30 aud a battery you cant complain
Also running 1 5000mah 7.4v nanotech saddle pack 2s3p 30-60C(the C rating seem a bit ambiguous) but good results so far. I got it on sale $25 Aud

I have a few of the Zippy soft compact lipos ranging from 2 to 3s 4000 to 5000 mah and do far no problems!

LiPo's batteries range from all price points to really cheap (in every sense of the word) to crazy expensive and some are better than others obviously. For the price I personally think that SPC and SMC LiPo batteries are a great combo for price / quality.

So, what's your battery of choice? Hopefully this thread can help out someone who is just getting into the hobby or someone who is looking for a different pack to try.
New member here , I have 1/24 Temper with a stock battery that charges in a couple minutes and lasts a few minutes , what battery upgrade do you recommend for a novice looking for better speed ? Also , does the motor make noise even when the throttle or steering being used ? Thanks

I have used;

Turnigy

2S2P 4600mah, shorty pack, 4mm bullets

2S2P 4600mah, shorty pack graphene, 4mm bullets

*I use these batteries in my Torment and boost.

HRB

4S 6000mah 50C, soft pack, XT90 connectors

4S 6000mah 50C, hard pack, XT90 connectors

*I use these batteries in my 1/8th scale truggy and buggies.
Zippy

2S 1300mah 20C, soft pack, XT60 connectors.

*I use this in my Temper Gen2 crawler

I've always had good luck with Gens Ace on my drones, so I've ordered some for my AMP. They seem to take a bit more abuse than cheaper brands and don't swell up so easily. I've got some that are 4-5 years old and still good.

I’m running 1 venom 2s 5000mah 25c and I do love it so far off my first 6 runs on my new sct 1/10 15t brushed buuuuut I'm kinda throttle/wheelspin/skid happy therefore I only get about 22 min of WOT 75/90 percent of time but ideally I'd like to get 30/35 minutes of hard throttle driving from my battery

I still consider myself fairly "new" to the Lipo party.
So my experience with varying brands of Lipo's are miniscule.
But I did purchase 2 Zeee 7.4v 5200mAh 2s 50c hard case Lipo's and they run fine and are still kicking it.
When I purchased the last Used 2wd Torment, it came with 4 Sky Lipo 5000mah 40c 2s Soft Packs.
Since then, one pack has decided it did not want to play anymore and self terminated.
The other three are still working, just fine. They may have had a hard life, I don't know.

Is this a reccomendation? Eh....... maybe, maybe not, due to my lack of experience with Lipo's, your mileage may vary with these brands.
But so far and considering the amount of runs we have put on them, they seem to work just fine.

Here's my collection of ACE LiPos The small ones are from my drone days and the larger ones are for my car. The 1300 mAh ones are about 5 years old but still perform like they were new. That is what keeps me loyal to those. I have some other brands that are complete junk and would never buy again.

Attachments

• 20191222_011823.jpg
    20191222_011823.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I've had good luck with" Floureon" Lipo batts. 1500 - 5000 mAh, 20C - 40C, they seem to work/last pretty good. I haven't had any puff or go bad (early) on me. They are reasonably priced. (y)

Old thread I know but I figured it was better to revive this one than start a new one.

I'm very new (and cautious) when it comes to LiPos but figured they were the way to go for maximum fun.

I wanted a venom battery as they seem to get plenty of positive comments however I couldn't source one here in England.

So my first LiPo battery purchase was a Reaction 2S 4000mah 30C. The first one I received didn't work but the store sent me a replacement free of charge. Got it today and it gave my Amp a real kick.

Does anyone have experience with Voltz batteries?

I just ordered a 4000mah 50C for about 1/2 the price of the Reaction. Is there a reason they are so much cheaper, do I need to be more careful when storing and charging it?

Last edited:
LiPo's batteries range from all price points to really cheap (in every sense of the word) to crazy expensive and some are better than others obviously. For the price I personally think that SPC and SMC LiPo batteries are a great combo for price / quality.

So, what's your battery of choice? Hopefully this thread can help out someone who is just getting into the hobby or someone who is looking for a different pack to try.
I agree with WooDiE. SPC and SMC for me is reliable and are at the perfect Price/Performance ratio. You get almost a 100% bang for your buck.

Just know, the cheap, no name batteries are meeeeeeeeeeiiiii.

I recently purchased an Zeee, it will be my last. It can not take my 1/8th scale hard running. So much demand.

I will second the SMC brand.

Overall, you need to figure what your using your battery for. How much power your electronics demand.

Take care of your batteries and your batteries will take care of you.

Gens Ace work nice too.

ProTek make great receiver batteries for my Nitro.
Turnigy make great transmitter LiFe batteries.

I'm sure I am forgetting something......HRB are my favorite go to right now for 4S running.

I use Zeee 5200 mah 80C 2S & never have an issue, run strong & always balance nicely. Usually for sale around $15 for 1 & $28 for 2 batteries.

Members online

No members online now.
Back