Which is a better motor?

Depends on what you are doing, neither is better. The fewer turns the faster the motor and the higher turns the more torque.

Also can size 540 vs 550, bigger can you shouldnt lose to much torque . You will use up alittle more battery tho.

Are we talking 12T 550 from traxxas vs. the dynamite 20T 540? The 12T should be stronger and faster but it is not very durable from reading other people's experience. Many run fairly hot.

The torment has a 15t motor and the ruckus has a 20t motor. I thought the 20t was faster but as you all said it's the opposite. That is basically what I wondering. Wanting more speed.

The Torment is a "race" truck so speed is important. The Ruckus is a monster truck with larger wheels so torque is important. I've installed Dynamite's 15T 550 motor in my AMP MT with a 19T pinion and that thing cooks. Motor gets to about 130 degrees F after about 20 minutes of running though. So I may need to gear down a few teeth on the pinion.

Also found battery on eBay that's 11.1v and it fits and cheap bought two for 30 its bias 2200 20c uni plug 3c lipo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back