Wild 1/18 temper

Erequena1959

ok so I decided to get just a little wild with my TEMPER I'm going to be removing the brushed motor and go brushless 4800 kv going to try with stock pinion stock spur for testing then I'm going to try and find some bigger pinion gear I'm also will be running Traxxas gravedigger style tires I'll update soon on progress,motor and esc are on their way any feedback????

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)
This is letting everyone know my plan I'm waiting on motor esc combo should be in next week these are before

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)
I added pics of the beginning of the mod took everything off waiting for the motor and esc should be here next week

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 23
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
This is letting everyone know my plan I'm waiting on motor ESC combo should be in next week these are before

I added pics of the beginning of the mod took everything off waiting for the motor and ESC should be here next week
Ok so my esc and motor came I today sooner than I thought So here's some pics side comparison after I mount the motor with gear I'll post more

Last edited:
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok so here it is all done this thing is crazy fast it does donuts pulls wheelies not what I wanted but WOW I'm going try it outside now oh I'm kinda surprised that no one noticed that I don't run a steering servo reverser

with one steering servo why would you want to run a steering servo reverser.....That's why no one is surprised. Not sure why you'd want to reverse the steering with just one servo!!! Your not a circus clown with an opposite steer bicycle after all are you! If you were running 4WS then you'd need one, or a 3 channel setup with a radio that'd let you reverse the 3rd channel OR use a steering reverse cable BUT ONLY IF YOU HAD TWO STEERING SERVOS! Your picture only shows one. I've done a full 4 wheel steering setup (And brushless conversion) video, should it be of interest. The 4 Wheel steer combined with brushless results in an Axial Killing Crawler

image.jpg
with one steering servo why would you want to run a steering servo reverser.....That's why no one is surprised. Not sure why you'd want to reverse the steering with just one servo!!! Your not a circus clown with an opposite steer bicycle after all are you! If you were running 4WS then you'd need one, or a 3 channel setup with a radio that'd let you reverse the 3rd channel OR use a steering reverse cable BUT ONLY IF YOU HAD TWO STEERING SERVOS! Your picture only shows one. I've done a full 4 wheel steering setup (And brushless conversion) video, should it be of interest. The 4 Wheel steer combined with brushless results in an Axial Killing Crawler
No I have two servos did not watch a video I made my own bracket to if you look at Wild 1/1/8 you'll see two servos but here's a pic circus clown look again no SIGNAL reverser before I joined this form I already had my 4wheel set up as I said before being a professional mechanic for 40 years exp. this is not much different so with that said the cost of my 4ws was very affordable if you find the right servo than you don't need a reverser I don't use 3 channel transmitter because I don't care to switch the direction of the wheels oh and the cost 4ws=$10-12

Last edited:
GOOD FOR YOU! Why don't you take the time to do a video of that to show people the way you did it? Sure if it the whole thing including the servo cost you $10-12 then people would love to see it. BUT before you call me a circus clown again then you'd note that I went through it step by step on video so that others could follow this. With a 3 channel setup you set the transmitter to do the work for you, 2nd servo plugs in and you just set it up to follow the reverse of the other one on the transmitter. You also forget that not everyone has been a professional mechanic for 40 years and not all of us have the means or ability to make a servo bracket? Did you think of that before calling me a clown. So you did it for far less cost than me, so what? Help others out and video it, don't shoot someone down in flames just because you think you did a better job at far less cost. Of note is you didn't bother explaining how exactly you wired up the second servo when the ECX RX only has one servo slot? If you spliced it in then that's all well and good, but again don't expect everyone to have the tools or ability to do that. A far better approach would have been to show others in detail how you did at such a low cost, but don't expect everyone to have your 40 years fabrication skills. I wasn't really worried about the money I spent at all.

GOOD FOR YOU! Why don't you take the time to do a video of that to show people the way you did it? Sure if it the whole thing including the servo cost you $10-12 then people would love to see it. BUT before you call me a circus clown again then you'd note that I went through it step by step on video so that others could follow this. With a 3 channel setup you set the transmitter to do the work for you, 2nd servo plugs in and you just set it up to follow the reverse of the other one on the transmitter. You also forget that not everyone has been a professional mechanic for 40 years and not all of us have the means or ability to make a servo bracket? Did you think of that before calling me a clown. So you did it for far less cost than me, so what? Help others out and video it, don't shoot someone down in flames just because you think you did a better job at far less cost. Of note is you didn't bother explaining how exactly you wired up the second servo when the ECX RX only has one servo slot? If you spliced it in then that's all well and good, but again don't expect everyone to have the tools or ability to do that. A far better approach would have been to show others in detail how you did at such a low cost, but don't expect everyone to have your 40 years fabrication skills. I wasn't really worried about the money I spent at all.
Let me tell you something first read what you wrote first you asked me if I was a circus clown second when I joined this forum I didn't join to argue third it doesn't take much to remove old bracket and make one fourth I did some research and I was lucky to have a servo that goes the opposite than the front and I used a y cable so 2@ ?1.99 used 1 steer link $ 8 and change fifth I don't have a video recorder to do a video now I'm glad you did a video so that those that don't have the experience that I have to watch and learn to me it does not make since to buy a 130 dollar crawler because of our budget and it end up costing 500 for that you may as well buy one that is all set up if you go back to the posting about 4ws you will set that I wrote in there that it only cost me a small amount I'm not in competition with anyone here I just post what I did with that all said and done have a great day oh don't forget to check out my rig on media one last thing with all my upgrades tire/wheels body lights paint brushless esc/motor and battery I don't even have $100.00 in it

Last edited:
Has to be crazy with a brushless, I swapped in a Fireball motor and it was nutty! Alum front knuckles will be your friend!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back