Will 2S 5000mah fit?

Yonic

Hi,

I just found about the trail RC category and thinking about the Barrage Gen2 as it is so cheap.

Can i use my 2S 5000mah batteries in that tray? as 30 min runtime is too short for my hikes.

Also, is there another recommendation for a trail truck below 250$?

Thanks!

Should fit fine, the battery tray on the Barrage is adjustable also. I’m getting about an hour run time using the stock 900 nickel battery, so get ready for 4 to 5 hours with the 5000 2s Lipo. The extra wheel spin using the Lipo should help destroy the weak axles even faster ! Lol, sorry I’m a lil disappointed with the axles on this truck. I like my Barrage, BUT if I could have a redo I’d honestly save $300 and get the Axial SCX10 2 Deadbolt. If you like projects, and want to build a Frankenstein’s truck the Barrage is fun. If you want something that is solid and more hassle free, with tons of aftermarket direct bolt on parts then get an Axial. If $300 is to expensive then I would look at the $200 Redcat Gen 7, or Everest 10 for $160. For a budget truck the Gen 7 seems to be a better/tougher choice. Hope this helps, and remember that it’s just one opinion. Enjoy, and good luck with your new truck. Good luck choosing lol

Thank you very much! you helped a lot.
I noticed comments about the axels, but wasnt sure if it is relevant to normal use, or they only break when abused.

Any way your comment pushed me over the edge and i've plunged for the Deadbolt as i was looking for something that just-works®!

Thank you again!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back