Will torment bumpers fit

Shagz

My parents are getting an amp mt for my son for his 6th birthday (best grandparents ever), and I'm wondering if the torment bumpers will fit for a little more protection. I have seen slash bumpers on rustlers so I was just curious. Thanks in advance.

They can be made to fit, but it requires some modding. There's a user here, MADitto who has done it. Search his threads if you like.

Alternatively, you can get the t-bone bumpers.

http://www.rcsoup.com/2013/01/xtreme-lcg-chassis-for-the-ECX-torment-install/

This is the article that made me want to do the chassis extension, and gave me the idea of fitting the torment bumpers on the AMP.

I got the torment bumpers off of eBay for a great price. I'm sure you can find them as well. Also you will need the skid plate set, if you need part numbers let me know.

One thing to note. When you put on the rear bumper it decreases the space for the motor to swivel. I used to have a 26t pinion gear, but now I can only fit a 21t..

I bolted my torment/ruckus bumpers directly to stock bumpers and has worked out great. If you check out my media pics you can see the ruckus rear bumper on the front of my amp. I was going to use the torment front bumper at first but liked the ruckus one instead. And the torment bumper on the boost in the rear, just shortend up a bit. Like @xlDooM said they can be made to fit, it just requires a little modding .

I'll add a recommendation for T-Bone Racing's excellent bumpers. I mounted their 19002 Basher Front to my AMP MT and it's taken a beating. (The link is for the Circuit bumper, but the Circuit and AMPs chassis are vistually identical.) Compared to some of the molded bumpers out there it's a little utilitarian-looking but it does a great job. The angle of the bumper does a great job of deflecting the truck up and over many obstacles, rather than letting the truck take a direct impact.

Finally, T-Bone's warranty can't be beat: You break it and they'll replace it, free. I don't think you can say that about other bumpers! (However, any impact sufficiently strong enough to break the T-Bone bumper might also do some serious damage to the car!)

Latest posts

Members online

Back