1/10 Ruckus 4X4 or 2X4 AVC

Black3n3d

Hi Guys. I really dont know what to get here. I want to get the RUCKUS both with AVC and cant decide on the 4X4 and the 2X4. I went to my local hobby shop and the 4X4 version seems a lot lower than the 4X2 version. The frame clearance on the 4X2 version as where the body on the 4X4 version starts.

The truck will be mainly used for bashing with not to much jumping on gravel road. I just want to know if the 2X4 wont be more fun with the extra ground clearance and AVC?

You will like the lower ground clearance of the 4x4 when hitting the turns hard. Higher ground clearance will mean more top heavy. I have flipped my 4x4 brushless quite a few times with hard cornering. You could also change the shock positions to give it a different stance. The 4x2 shares the same frame as the torment to give you an idea.

My ruckus 4x4 experience isn't exactly stellar, but it is now holding together pretty good. best upgrades are 2s 30c 5000mah, axial wheel nuts, and the ecx aluminum wheel hexes. Second best would be spacers or aluminum hubs on all 4 corners (spacers are far cheaper). Get some extra bearings and a bunch of body clips.

FWIW, there is far more aftermarket support for the 4x2 than the 4x4.

I would vote for the 2wd. From my understanding the 4x4 is not all that great and there are much better options for a 4x4 monster truck. And there are not too many of the 10th scale monster trucks that will not require some sort of upgrades. If I was going to get a 4x4 monster truck, I would either buy a 4x4 Stampede VXL roller off eBay, or get a Tekno MT410 kit.

My 4x4 bl ruckus now converted into a 2x4 torment is epic. Avc is awsome. Just put 45 or 50wt oil in the shocks. Add pre load spacers. Job done. This make up for lcg (low centre of gravity )body.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back