1/24 motor only goes one speed. How to fix?

nate94gt

I really really hate the fact that it's all or nothing in terms of throttle. What can I do to stop that?

I disassembled the axles on my 1:24 Temper and discovered that they were dry so I lubricated the worm pinion and spool gears with a light grease and added a drop of fluoro oil to the supporting bushings. Anyway, this helped with apparent throttle response... a little. You should also check for driveline binding elsewhere.

But bottom line the 1:24 Temper isn't going to have the responsiveness of the larger version.

Have you tried to rebind it? Next hard dragging spot is in the trans bushings, some of the cases are thicker than others it seems and pinch the bushings in there a bit, loosen the case screws on both sides and split the cases a hair, if that loosens it up then it's easier to pull the bushings and lay them flat and sand then down a skooch. Also the stock battery charger doesn't give the battery full voltage. Only about 80%
They run much stronger and have more torque on a real charge. Lipo friendly up to 2s just not cut off. Hope it helps man.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 4
Have you tried to rebind it? Next hard dragging spot is in the trans bushings, some of the cases are thicker than others it seems and pinch the bushings in there a bit, loosen the case screws on both sides and split the cases a hair, if that loosens it up then it's easier to pull the bushings and lay them flat and sand then down a skooch. Also the stock battery charger doesn't give the battery full voltage. Only about 80%
They run much stronger and have more torque on a real charge. LiPo friendly up to 2s just not cut off. Hope it helps man.
I tried a Lipo 7.4 2s 180 mah the same one used on Losi crawler that my hobby store recommended ran great the first time I put it in and then the second time around after charging it the ESC started to get hot and what notified me about it was that I was close by it and smelled like a plastic hot burn smell and at closer inspection the ESC was hot but not burning hot and the smell was coming from it so I immediately stopped using it because I didn't want to burn it up so I can research some more and see if anyone else encountered this problem too? and if so is it still safe to use without burning up the ESC? I ran it for 5 minutes crawling on a foam course a made and indoors. Any thoughts? Thanks

All of 6 of mine are running losi esc for this same reason, I fried my first ecx esc the same way, the board would get to hot to touch. If check google there's a company called "LynxMicroTech" he sells new disassembled losi parts. Esc and controller was around 50 and has a built in lipo cutoff. Also you can run the losi trans and be able to upgrade the gearing and a guy that runs DDT can rewind the stock losi can in 80-90-100 turn for more torque and speed

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back