2wd ruckus brushless switch to lipo

Joshnewb

Well I'm finally gonna make switch to lipo power.
I know I need a balance charger and I know I need to reset the lvc on the esc.
It already has metal gear tranny.
What else do I need to account for?
--Different pinion gear or spur gear?
--Can plastic driveshafts handle 2s lipo?
--Anything else I forgot to mention or question?

thanks for help

Low voltage alarm is really the only thing you need. Many run 2s on all of the ECX 1/10 rigs with no mods. Just bash it until you break stuff.

Bash/race, break, upgrade, repeat...
I never thought of it that way but that's what i do.
On 2s you shouldn't worry about spending too much on fixes but good upgrades for the ruckus would be the toe and camber links those are a must if you want to control a ruckus on 2s. I use traxxas ones they are good.
I like to run 3s on my truck and it's so tuff now that the electronics are the physically weak spots I rip out wires all the time. I have a warranty order on my 3s.:rolleyes:

I run 2s on my upgraded brushless Ruckus with no issues. I bumped up the pinion to 24t and it's super fast. If yours is a stock brushless it should already have the 24t.

thanks guys, curious, what you guys running for steering servos?

will 20C or 30C lipos be much different? i know higher discharge rate, but will one be better than the other on my stock system?

20 or 30 makes no difference imho. Good luck keeping the front end down with either. I have a acre lot and my 20c will barely let me even get close to full throttle. Any sudden change in throttle and it's wheelie city.

Get a wheelie bar!!!

It depends on the capacity of the battery. E.g. 5000mAh 20C = 100A discharge rate, 3000mAh 30C = 90A discharge rate.

I'd shoot for ~200A. That way you don't overspend but you still have a battery that will serve you well even if you upgrade the motor and ESC.

Members online

No members online now.
Back