Amp mt esc flashing and no response

Mikewilliams3530

on the weekend had my amp out playing in the snow, all of a sudden it stopped,the light was flashing on the esc slow blink. Could not reset, when repose ring up wheels just bumped to the left a small amount then nothing? Any ideas? Truck has only ran one battery though it?

Sorry-- taking a shot in the dark here: Is there any kind of reset button on the ESC? If so, maybe depress for 8-10 seconds.

I can't find anything in my ECX documentation about the slow blink. See if you can find a model or part number on the ESC and google that. I've discovered that, in addition to the basic manual that came with my car, there is also separate, device-specific documentation available for the radio, receiver and ESC.

Drying everything out would probably be your best bet. My stock ruckus esc always had problems from water. I'd let it dry for a while, and I was able to get it to work.

has this been worked out? I mean if the esc is bust then doesn't that mean the receiver is too? (because of the all in one compact design?)

Mine dis this as well, they're not very waterproof at all. You can actually remove the top of the esc then use a small micro Galt head and pry the plastic case apart. Then let it dry out and all is well.

My amp did it again but this time no flashing lights!! Just appeared dead!! 3 min into a run, using nimh and full charged. I have only ran 3 batteries through this thing. Sent a message to horizon to ask their opinions as well but wanted to poll the knowledge from the forum if possible!!??

My amp did it again but this time no flashing lights!! Just appeared dead!! 3 min into a run, using NiMH and full charged. I have only ran 3 batteries through this thing. Sent a message to horizon to ask their opinions as well but wanted to poll the knowledge from the forum if possible!!??

The only time this happened to me that esc had moisture in it. I split the esx open and let I dry and it's worked since.

Also if you're going to need help from horizon call them. They back their procurement pretty well but not through the email.

I figure it is moisture as well, just not sure if I should tear it down or try and see if there is warranty coverage? It is only 3 months old

Horizon hobbies only has a warranty on the product as being free of defects at purchase. So there is no waranty after purchase. That being said, I've found horizon hobbies to be quite helpful and accomidating. They recently replaced my steering servo and ESC free on my Losi.

I wouldn't mention moisture though, you don't want to portray that you could be at fault for the issue. Just give them the symptoms and they will likely help you out.

I took apart esc and it has corrosion inside of it, also noticed that it is not waterproof or even splash proof. Guess I will be looking for new esc and receiver. Any suggestions for decent ones that are a little bit better at keeping out moisture and not breaking the bank??

I received an email from horizon hobby today and am really happy with the service, they are sending me a new ESC/receiver on warranty!!! Great news!!!

Glad to hear they took care of ya!

Glad to hear they took care of ya!
I had the exact problem as well and Horizon sent out a new receiver and esc. I just finished installing them as per the instructions and it doesn't work. All I get when I turn it on is a beep, servo twich and blinking red LEDs. Any ideas on what to do?

I had the exact problem as well and Horizon sent out a new receiver and ESC. I just finished installing them as per the instructions and it doesn't work. All I get when I turn it on is a beep, servo twich and blinking red LEDs. Any ideas on what to do?
They sent me a 60A Waterproof Forward/Reverse Brushed Electronic Speed Control and ECX13003 2.4GHz RX Waterproof, 4-Channel V3

Does it have any other switches? It should either have a switch, or a bind plug. I can't find a manual for the 13003 but if it has a button, press it and then power on the transmitter. If that doesn't work, hold the button then power on the transmitter. If that doesn't work, ask horizon support they're pretty friendly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back