Amp steering wobble in reverse

X

Conspiracy of One
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, today I finally received my Amp mt. My first thought is that this thing is slow....... But that's ok since it is for my 4 year old. I took it out briefly to check functionality before I handed it to my kid and noticed something annoying. When going in reverse the steering starts to wobble back and forth. Is this part of the steering issues I've read about here? Overpowering the steering servo/ servo saver? When slowly backing up it isn't an issue.

Indeed, I zip tied the servo saver and the reverse wobble was gone. The zip tied slid off after a while though.

Sorry to bring up and old thread but I have a 2016 ECX Amp and I have the bad reverse wobble too.

Has this been fixed on newer Amps?

Can anyone link me to an easy to follow zip tie mod to fix this problem, I found a video or two and it wasn’t exactly like the Amp and I’m having problems following it.

Sorry to bring up and old thread but I have a 2016 ECX Amp and I have the bad reverse wobble too.

Has this been fixed on newer Amps?

Can anyone link me to an easy to follow zip tie mod to fix this problem, I found a video or two and it wasn’t exactly like the Amp and I’m having problems following it.

I didn't know this was a solvable problem until now. I just thought that the heavy backend weight caused this kind of wobble. After some very poor videos, I finally found this one which I think explains how to fix it and where to zip tie. I will have to try this out!

For what it's worth, I tried the zip tie method on one of my torments, and maybe I was doing something wrong, but I could never get it tight enough to help. So I opted for a RPM servo saver eliminator kit.. And captured end links. (y)

I never went the super glue route, but it could work.

I agree superglue is a bit too much. I found another video where the person tightens the c clip. that might be the way

I believe I checked that out when I was setting my end points and am not having that issue but I will check again when I get home. I drove it around yesterday and it is way more responsive and better all around than stock.

This does look like it will have the right turning issue. Mine is still stock so I find it fine but just curious if that's still an issue for you!

If I am not mistaken, you are talking about the bellcrank binding with the servo horn. It just barely clears it but the servo horn I am using is rather wide. 20190906_192613.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back