Couple questions about the AMP MT

pretty sure the gears are plastic, you have to buy the metal gear set separately even on the kit, and isn't it white lithium grease for the gears?

Yup, white lithium works great. Gotta be careful though with gears that aren't in a completely sealed container. Dirt, etc., can get stuck in the grease and cause issues. This is also why applying a thin coat is smart.

20160722_200351_zpsknlpbpos.jpg
20160722_201604_zps2t2ytctj.jpg

They have arrived!! Let the buidling begin!! Woo woot!! Chose to set up a table in my 4th bedroom instead of my building for the build, 100° temps with lots of humidity here in the Carolinas, so my little window a/c in my building ain't cuttin' it!!

Yep indeed. Not going to rush it though. Going to use CowRC Moo-Slick on everything, grease gears, even do a water break-in on the motors. Just going to take my time and do everything right and use the tips and suggestions I have read in these forums. Then just upgrade as things break.

20160724_205431_zpscft355hw.jpg

Progress. I see exactly what you guys mean by the shoulder screws. So far I can tell that an aluminum upgrade here will be next. Threads don't have much to bite on at all. I tried some CA on the threads but just ended up being a mess and made them not want to go in the hole.

Digging the yellow. The stickers came applied? That's very easy. I was looking at an SCX10 G6 kit the other day but the cutting and painting of the body kind of put me off the idea.

Digging the yellow. The stickers came applied? That's very easy. I was looking at an SCX10 G6 kit the other day but the cutting and painting of the body kind of put me off the idea.
It's a pain, but there is a feeling of accomplishment that comes with doing your own body... I HATE trimming, but masking and painting is fun. :)

Attachments

• IMAG1474.jpg
    IMAG1474.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2
I've done 6 bodies and they're all fun, tedious, and rewarding. The micros were the hardest to put the windows stickers in. Invest in a pair of RC lexan scissors and a hole reamer if you ever go that route. Or if you just stick with the hobby because you can easily trim wheel wells, move a body from one to another easily, add LEDs, etc.

Well did the first maiden today and had a blast. They seem to not want to brake and go into reverse too good. Kinda have to let off the throttle to neutral, then go in reverse. That kinda sucks because I like to use brakes in mid air to bring the nose down. Oh well, for $129 how can I complain? Ran on 2s 5000mah lipos and they are pretty quick. Only thing broke was I lost a shoulder screw. Guess I will just order the aluminum turn knuckles so I can use thread lock on it. Other than that, we had fun.

20160727_172807_zpsrfdytfwe.jpg

Try playing with the trim to fix the no-brake issue. I remember having it (on a different ESC though) and fixing it that way. You absolutely need brakes to balance it mid-air :)

I will try that later today. Do I need to re bind or reset anything? And where should the THR dial be on the trim? Middle I assume?

I will try that later today. Do I need to re bind or reset anything? And where should the THR dial be on the trim? Middle I assume?

Should be able to just adjust it, no rebind necessary. The throttle trim is the top right dial under the lid on the remote. See below:

upload_2016-7-28_9-28-19.png

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back