Diff gears for 1/18 4WD Ruckus

Zombietoon85

Hello.
I have found older posts that had part numbers for metal diff replacements for the 1/18 ruckus but they have been discontinued and I can't dig up any info on what size the gears are. Does anyone know of any metal diff gear replacements or the dimensions of the diff gears?
Thanks!

Hello.
I have found older posts that had part numbers for metal diff replacements for the 1/18 ruckus but they have been discontinued and I can't dig up any info on what size the gears are. Does anyone know of any metal diff gear replacements or the dimensions of the diff gears?
Thanks!

do you mean the spur gear or the actual ring and pinion assemblies in the differentials?

hot racing lists the spur/pinion as 0.5 mod pitch
https://hot-racing.com/?c=860_ECX_1:18_Ruckus

These are all I can find in stock anymore https://carisma-shop.com/products/gt14-b-gear-diff-conversion-set
Those should drop right into the stock diff cups. Unfortunately I cannot find the rest of the diff parts. It would be nice to find the crown and ring gears.

Other than that you are stuck with the stock diffs unless you can somehow find a set of the Carisma diffs or find a set of diffs from the Losi Mini 8ight but with those you have to make your own driveshafts.

I tried the diffs out of an LC Racing EMB-1 they are just a tad too narrow, you would need to buy some shims to get the diff to center in the housing correctly but the ring gear won't attach to the slipper shaft and the plastic Ecx ring gear seems to be a different pitch that the LC Racing.

I've been dealing with the mess that is the 1/18 Ecx Ruckus for 7 years and have unsuccessfully tried so many different diffs in this thing.

The worst part is Horizon won't acknowledge that the diffs are a problem they insist the diffs are just fine...........

With the way things are going for Ecx I do not foresee anyone ever making metal diffs for these. Hot Racing stopped making parts for this platform and they do not have plans to make anymore so what is in stock now is basically all that is left. They are even stopping production of parts for the 1/10 platform.

Last edited:
These are all I can find in stock anymore https://carisma-shop.com/products/gt14-b-gear-diff-conversion-set
Those should drop right into the stock diff cups. Unfortunately I cannot find the rest of the diff parts. It would be nice to find the crown and ring gears.

Other than that you are stuck with the stock diffs unless you can somehow find a set of the Carisma diffs or find a set of diffs from the Losi Mini 8ight but with those you have to make your own driveshafts.

I tried the diffs out of an LC Racing EMB-1 they are just a tad too narrow, you would need to buy some shims to get the diff to center in the housing correctly but the ring gear won't attach to the slipper shaft and the plastic Ecx ring gear seems to be a different pitch that the LC Racing.

I've been dealing with the mess that is the 1/18 Ecx Ruckus for 7 years and have unsuccessfully tried so many different diffs in this thing.

The worst part is Horizon won't acknowledge that the diffs are a problem they insist the diffs are just fine...........

With the way things are going for Ecx I do not foresee anyone ever making metal diffs for these. Hot Racing stopped making parts for this platform and they do not have plans to make anymore so what is in stock now is basically all that is left. They are even stopping production of parts for the 1/10 platform.

I can confirm. Per emails with them looking for parts, they haven’t had 1/10 4wd stuff in 3 years and recently stopped 1/10 2wd stuff. Leaving those of us with the “lifetime warranty” out to dry. What do you expect from a poop Chinesium outsourcing company

So if I order what you linked, they will fit into the diffs as new metal gears? I don't need a new housing or driveshaft, so that's good.

Aight. Fingers crossed.
and thank you
Wltoys A979 1/18 2.4G 4WD Off-Road Truck is a part for part clone to the ecx ruckus 1/18 Amazon carries tons of aluminum upgrades/hopup parts for it that are pretty affordable and if you're looking for a brushless setup goolrc has what your looking for also on Amazon GoolRC 2435 4800KV 4P Sensorless Brushless Motor with 25A Brushless ESC should be the ticket

Wltoys A979 1/18 2.4G 4WD Off-Road Truck is a part for part clone to the ecx ruckus 1/18 Amazon carries tons of aluminum upgrades/hopup parts for it that are pretty affordable and if you're looking for a brushless setup goolrc has what your looking for also on Amazon GoolRC 2435 4800KV 4P Sensorless Brushless Motor with 25A Brushless ESC should be the ticket
No it isn't. Not even close to being a clone or a copy, they share as many parts as an Arrma Kraton and Team Corally Kronos.

WL Toys

1665164371750.png

Ecx Ruckus.

1665164442088.png

look at VRX / river side hobby , imex model in florida uses them to build cars remember 1/18 1/16 gears have swapped in the past build repair i have seen

The 18th scale tournament uses a lot of the same parts as the latrax PreRunner and the PX toys 9301 that's because I have all three of them and ive compare it so I know a lot of parts swap easily

The 18th scale tournament uses a lot of the same parts as the latrax PreRunner and the PX toys 9301 that's because I have all three of them and ive compare it so I know a lot of parts swap easily
Really? I'm finding it hard to believe that 3 different cars from 3 different manufacturers based on 3 different platforms share a lot of the same parts. Aside from the body, wheels, tires, hexes and the electronics what other parts actually fit?

The actual gears in the diff housing. I already have a metal pinion gear and I just installed a metal spur gear an hour agi.
What gears did you use for the Spur and Pinion? I’m having a hard time finding anything.

What gears did you use for the Spur and Pinion? I’m having a hard time finding anything.

Hot Racing 56t 48p spur for the Losi Mini 8ight https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...tlAljJMHqH7MGx0pcZOL6YN7H6xjBLIxoCRNkQAvD_BwE

Robinson Racing 18t 48p pinion https://www.amainhobbies.com/robins...aZKD1q3IdwYks-Ln_Svyoh-0W4DA0athoCsFQQAvD_BwE

You also need a bearing for the middle of the spur I think it is a 4x8x3mm but I need to double check that.

If you are using the stock motor you need this pinion adapter https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...gR78Xv36Z_AbkyJ2bNTFqoriuz5mTwqRoCU5cQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
So I see no one answered if the Carisma

GT14 B Gear Diff Conversion Set​

Part #: 15316 actually fits into the ECX diff housing. I just ordered them, i like the car, it handles well after adding Tamiya Tt-02 Carbon Fiber shock towers and fiddling with some other stuff. And my best RC buddy loves it , and it's his , and he misses it.... so I am going to try to fix it. I can confirm that NONE of the WLToys a9x9 rc car's diffs fit in any way shape or form! The bevel gears drop in but you cant mate up the bevel pinion gear. Or i should say it doesn't mate the same and I can't see a way to make it work. The ring gear is to large and wont fit inside the ECX Diff housing.
I will ABSOLUTELY report back if the Carisma kit will do the job!

Last edited:
So I see no one answered if the Carisma

Part #: 15316 actually fits into the ECX diff housing. I just ordered them, i like the car, it handles well after adding Tamiya Tt-02 Carbon Fiber shock towers and fiddling with some other stuff. And my best RC buddy loves it , and it's his , and he misses it.... so I am going to try to fix it. I can confirm that NONE of the WLToys a9x9 rc car's diffs fit in any way shape or form! The bevel gears drop in but you cant mate up the bevel pinion gear. Or i should say it doesn't mate the same and I can't see a way to make it work. The ring gear is to large and wont fit inside the ECX Diff housing.
I will ABSOLUTELY report back if the Carisma kit will do the job!
☆The kit fit!!!!!
Carisma

Part #: 15316 actually fits!
To be clear the diffrential conversion kit fits inside the ECX diffrential housing.
If you have an ECX Torment or Rooster 1/18 and your diffrential internals have turned into their Infamous melted butter and you cannot find the COMPLETE GT14B DIFFRENTIAL then get the GT14b diff conversion kit, it has the internal bevel gears in metal, also grab the cheap set of diffrential seals as mine ripped easily when taking apart. I was not able to use the original stainless ecx shims nor the Two brass shims from the Carisma kit, but ONE brass shim did the trick perfectly.
My ring gear and Propeller shaft bevel gear show no signs of wear so I am hoping this will be a great fix for a great little truck.
I also added Tamiya tt02s carbon fiber shock towers. The truck handles fantastic and the diffs sound great! Im running a 2858 5900kv motor and a HobbyKing Car-45, 45amp ESC on 2s & 3s with original gears and it werx a treat. No problems...yet, after 6 runs.
Hope this helps anyone, cost was nominal and Carisma shipped to the states cheaply and VERY FAST!

Latest posts

Members online

Back