ECX 1/24 temper questions

Drew666

1. does anyone know where you can get upgrade parts?
  2. are there any other 1/24 scale crawlers with compatible parts?
  3. have a used 1/24 temper with broken driveshaft, any upgradable driveshafts out there?

While I have a 1/24 Temper, I don't have any personal experience with upgrading it. I've searched for upgrade parts but the closest I could find was the Losi mini rock crawler. Some parts look compatible, but you'll probably just need to experiment. Please share anything you find out here!

If you're looking for tiees, all losi micro crawler/trail trekker wheels will fit the temper and barrage and you can find cheap rc4wd stamped steel wheels for them. When you buy those you can also get any rc4wd 1.0 micro tires for it and you'd be set for a more scale looking tire and definitely a better performing tire. I don't believe there are any upgraded driveshafts for the temper, as it's not a really popular item, but you can find them cheap on eBay. For more power, the only real thing you can do is put a 250 mAh LiPo in it as that's all the stock esc can really take, and then with a linkage adjustment you should be good to go for crawling

Actually, the only "easy" upgrade you can perform is to replace the bushings with roller bearings. I disassembled my 1/24 Temper and started measuring the bushings and pricing replacement bearings on AvidRC.com. Once the cost reached US$40 i just quit. The little Temper is so light and move so slowly it really doesn't make much practical sense to spend about half the retail cost of the car on bearings. :)

I just lubricated each busing with a drop of Rock n Roll's "Cable Magic" oil and called it good. (This is a lubricant that is about 40% PTFE sludge in a carrier. Requires almost constant shaking to keep the PTFE mixed in suspension.)

1. does anyone know where you can get upgrade parts?
  2. are there any other 1/24 scale crawlers with compatible parts?
  3. have a used 1/24 temper with broken driveshaft, any upgradable driveshafts out there?
As stated, all micro wheels and tires will work. You can also use any of the 3D printed 1/24 chassis available on Shapeways (Lynx Micro Tech and GamyRC) that are made for other micro crawlers (you’ll need to make links which is pretty easy). There are also some wheel (hex) extenders offered by GamyRC that work.

I don’t know about better driveshafts, I haven’t found anything myself.

Electronics and servo upgrades are easy as well. A little 30a brushed ESC on eBay is $6 and allows you to use 7.4v 2S lipos. You will need a separate receiver but most are small enough now anyway, just de-case it.
I would recommend getting some JST 2.0 PH 2-pin plugs for the motor connection on that new ESC. They’re the ones that come on the 1/24 Temper etc and are a couple bucks.

An MG90S servo is a huge upgrade and is also a couple bucks. There are posts here on how to do it (linking the servo arm).

I’m sure I’m missing a lot but there’s some ideas!

Latest posts

Members online

Back