ECX 1/24th scale 4WD Ruckus and Torment trucks

So I have been running a 2s lipo battery in my Ruckus without any issues so far. The truck really screams with this battery. It was great in my house on the hardwood and concrete floors. I took it out to the driveway for a bit of running and the power may have been a bit too much for the wheel hub. Stripped the "D" right out. The deep dish wheels sure do make it hard to get at the little nut. Any suggestions on a micro nut driver?

Here is a running video with the Lipo.....

Last edited:
It will wheelie on the carpet. Not so much on the pavement or other surfaces. The tires are surprisingly slippery so it spins the tires a bit. Pretty fun for sliding around the hardwood floors.

I have tested the ruckus wheels on the Losi Micro SCT and they fit fine. They are both 'D' shaped wheel hubs and axels. The only concern I have is if the ECX plastic is strong enough to last and not strip out. I have already stripped a wheel on my Ruckus running it on Lipo. Maybe a one time thing but I want to keep a few spares in stock. I just ordered a few sets of the Ruckus tires/wheels to run on my Losi SCT to give it a more radical lifted look.

I have tested the ruckus wheels on the Losi Micro SCT and they fit fine. They are both 'D' shaped wheel hubs and axels. The only concern I have is if the ECX plastic is strong enough to last and not strip out. I have already stripped a wheel on my Ruckus running it on Lipo. Maybe a one time thing but I want to keep a few spares in stock. I just ordered a few sets of the Ruckus tires/wheels to run on my Losi SCT to give it a more radical lifted look.

I had that concern too. I'll likely continue to use the Losi wheels/tires for indoor and pavement use and only use the ECX wheels/tires for off road. How much taller are the ECX tires than the Losi? As it was the losi SCTE couldn't really be run much in grass and offroad due to it's minuscule ground clearance and lack of traction.

Any chance you could post up some pics of them mounted on the losi?

Thanks for posting that! It looks like the ECX wheel/tires come pretty close to hitting the body. No room for any suspension travel. How is steering throw affected? Did you have to do any trimming? Those just look monstrous on there!

What is the first set of wheels and tires?

The first set of wheels and tires are the Losi Micro Truggy tires. Yes trimming is necessary to run the Ruckus tires. I run a custom body that is trimmed to allow them to fit. I just kept the stock body on for reference on size and appearance. Steering is not affected in my opinion.

Great! I'll have to remember to buy a spare body for when I run those wheels/tires. Thanks for all the info!

nice truck @markarch. that thing really flys :)

I saw these a little while ago on urc forums. idk, im kinda disappointed with ecx lately. both these and their new crawler are himoto rebrands. I sure hope they don't just keep rebranding stuff. they have some good original cars.

but, they do still look tempting for the price

These are great little trucks. They are like a gateway drug though. I caught myself in my LHS looking at the Arrma Kraton. I sold my Erevo last year and have been ok with not having a bigger truck until I got back into these micros!

Hi guys,

First post here. I joined to share my mod. I have enjoyed the heck out of my 1/24 Ruckus immensely and look forward to many more improvements such as lipo and brushless when I get around to it but so far it's been great.

So After breaking A arms and adding aluminum steering racks, Carriers, spindles and rear hubs the "tie rods" have become a very weak link and only replaceable with stock units.

57D51E94-2676-4AB5-ADAC-24E97B87793C_zps2o7gkpd4.jpg

What I have come up with is a virtually free mod for us hobbyist. It's the ziptie mod and is basically indestructible on these trucks

Take a high quality ziptie (any color of choice), cut it to length and drill the holes with a 1/16 bit using the original rod as a template.

F1A19AC4-4C6E-405B-9E98-FB5A21B8D82D_zpsymfvic2w.jpg

blamo, awesome indestructible choice of color replacement

E9C94704-72A9-4482-A46D-B33BE5AB5345_zpsrjlcw0hi.jpg

Last edited:
Great free mod! Another tip is to keep the screws loose at both ends of the steering links. This "slop" takes some stress out of the links and helps keep from breaking the ends.

Great free mod! Another tip is to keep the screws loose at both ends of the steering links. This "slop" takes some stress out of the links and helps keep from breaking the ends.

With the stock links I kept the screws quite loose but with the zip ties it isn't needed as much.

It would be nice to know which parts from the losi 1/24's work on these vehicles with and without modification. I really want to use lipo and possibly brushless. Maybe we can get a list in the first post or something ?

Last edited:
I do see over on RC Groups that a user has been running lipo in the micro SCT. He burnt up his electronics on the lipo. Mine is still running fine on lipo however, I don't run it for that long and alternate between the stock battery and the lipo to give the motor and esc a break from heat.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back