ECX AMP new motor

tammagotchie

Is there a good replacement motor for ECX AMP?

carson cupmachine for example or what options do i have?

for now i am not going for brushless.... so what brushed motor would be the best option?

Without having tried it, I heard good things about the HPI firebolt 15T.

Are you on stock electronics? They may fry when upgrading the motor (stock is 20T).

true

still on the stock

also have a Tamiya TEU-105bk lying around but its topped to 25 turns.

just want to make sure if I buy a motor that it will be faster than stock.

Going to the dynamite 15T or firebolt 15T should get you more speed. The difference won't be huge though, I'd wait a little longer and then go directly to brushless.

As stated I would just wait and get a brushless setup you'll be much happier. I never even ran the stock electronics in my amp buggy when I got it lol

As stated I would just wait and get a brushless setup you'll be much happier. I never even ran the stock electronics in my amp buggy when I got it lol
but......

i also need to replace the nimh (3000) with a lipo s2 ?
or can i go brushless (45A) with the 3000mah nimh?

You can run brushed or brushless on either, nimh or lipo. Though, to get the full potential out of the setup you will need to go lipo. Best bang for the buck upgrade for any electric RC vehicle.

but......

i also need to replace the NiMH (3000) with a LiPo s2 ?
or can i go brushless (45A) with the 3000mah NiMH?

You dont NEED to, but to get full power out of a brushless setup you need a lipo. If your looking for a considerable bump in power and speed just go brushless and lipo lol

I have an AMP. It really woke up when I installed a 2S 20C LiPo battery. Big difference. Later I installed a Dynamite 550 15T motor and changed the pinion to a 22T. It really rips when running on a LiPo battery now! (For a brushed system.)

The only issue with running a LiPo battery in the AMP is you NEED to connect the battery's balance lead to a low voltage alarm. The stock AMP ESC does not have any low voltage protection and you WILL ruin the LiPo battery if you run them too low. But totally worth it. LiPos are lighter, have greater capacity, lower internal resistance, and can deliver higher current than a NiMH battery.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back