ECX Ruckus Manuals

So far all of the parts, esc, battery, receiver, controller do all fit. The problem is the length of the motor shaft hitting the gear cover when installed. Oneperson said to just drill a hole and let the shaft stick out of the case. What about that option? Someobe said put washers under the screws to move motor back. These sound doable but that seems like mods i didn't think i would have to do if parts were interchangeable.

The motor shaft on the titan 12t 550 is longer than the shaft on most 540 550 motors and it hits the gear cover

540 is a standard size for the can diameter, 36mm. I don't know why it's called 540. The shaft length appears to differ from brand to brand, but it's often in the spec sheet of the motor.

540 is a standard size for the can diameter, 36mm. I don't know why it's called 540. The shaft length appears to differ from brand to brand, but it's often in the spec sheet of the motor.
40mm in length iirc. Where as a 550 is 50mm in lenght.
And yes pretty much all other motors use the same size shaft, Traxxas had to be weird and make theirs a little longer. I also just drilled a hole in my cover.

Did it strip the spur gear?

Remember, each time you break something and install an uprated part, you have a better truck. Embrace the breakages. They are god's way of telling you what your next upgrade is.

Your gear mesh was wrong most likely. Easiest way to get the gear mesh right is to put a strip of paper between each gear and push the gears into the paper then snug it down. If you got the mesh right when you roll the paper out it should be rippled like ruffles potato chips. There should be a slight amount of slop between the gears. The gears should not be tight, if you get them too tight you will likely burn up your motor. Once you are sure the mesh is right tighten the motor screws down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back