ECX Torment stock tires

jtomlin1973

I have a 2wd Torment brushed model, no upgrades. I feel like the tires just do not bite on any kind of loose surface. But it also could just be that I suck at driving. Does anybody have any feedback on these tires? They are great on pavement, but in the dirt I'm spinning and fishtailing all over the place. Considering buying another set of tires, or maybe I should just stick with these for a while and work on my driving.

I have a 2wd Torment brushed model, no upgrades. I feel like the tires just do not bite on any kind of loose surface. But it also could just be that I suck at driving. Does anybody have any feedback on these tires? They are great on pavement, but in the dirt I'm spinning and fishtailing all over the place. Considering buying another set of tires, or maybe I should just stick with these for a while and work on my driving.

Get yourself something with a more agressive style, like Duratrax Six Packs or Lockups for loose ground.

Yeah, the stock tires suck, it is not you. I bought some e-bay cheap 'big block' tires (badlands knockoffs)for my son's brushless torment. $32 for 4 tires. They made a HUGE difference in drivability on all surfaces.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slash-short-course-and-slash-truck-tires-Big-Block-Chrome-/201949534834

They are a pretty hard tire, so traction on hard pack / street would be better with a name brand tire. But they have lasted a long time, and they do hook up pretty good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back