First ECX Torment upgrades for basher?

CraigW

I bought my sons the torment and the ruckus for christmas and they love them. I'm trying to get them off the xbox more! We are bashing them... Homemade ramps and carolina clay durt! So what are the best first upgrades for bashing? We definately want more drive time. We like to run them wide open and burn doughnuts...

Attachments

• 20181225_103502.jpg
    20181225_103502.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20181225_103550.jpg
    20181225_103550.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 8
If there not go brushless (more speed)
If there for bashing plastic parts are cheap to replace dont do to much
Id just do more batteries and a better charger maybe shocks depending on how good of the jumps otherwise nothing

If its a 4wd ruckus go brushless ive had enough of those probs to tell ya you'll save in the long term its about $150 for a sidewinder4 and motor combo and really easy to set up.

Also if you get the traxxas light kit ($15) the 4 black screws i the kit fit into the bumper wholes and you could do silly things like this with them
15460607891268407176615321235214.jpg
Its a snow plow (it barely works but they made it so its cute.)[lil black screws from kit hold the whole thing to bumper)
The wheels are from my rock rey basically my snow tires since rey is not snow friendly.

I bought my sons the torment and the ruckus for christmas and they love them. I'm trying to get them off the xbox more! We are bashing them... Homemade ramps and carolina clay durt! So what are the best first upgrades for bashing? We definately want more drive time. We like to run them wide open and burn doughnuts...

T-Bone Racing bumpers

Aluminum wheel hexes, and possibly some other brand of telescoping drive shafts if going with gobs of power. Keep an eye out for a servo upgrade when the stock one gives out. Maybe even modifying the bellcrank is something you want to do in the future. Otherwise just run as is, and enjoy.

Tune the shocks. Rebuild with 30wt oil, and soften the suspension a bit. A person thinks you need it hard for high flying action. You want handling too.

I have since contacted HH about a handful of issues I had with the torment RTR out the box. They sent me a twin tazer brushless 2 in 1 esc. Ive went my instructions and I have control of the servo but not the throttle. Ive binded the transmitter to the reciever per instructions but only getter servo. Ive calibrated the motor and nothing from it...left scratching my head.

Are you plugged into the receiver correct?

Channel 1 or Aux 1 - servo
Channel 2 or Aux 2 - ESC

You have a brushless motor too, right?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back